Future group ride. Ocala national forest FL.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I've been out there several weekends, this past weekend we hit the south trails we mostly caught large banana spiders with my whips and mirrors. This Saturday it's the north trails.
If you go into the forest early in the morning you clear the way for the rest of us concerning the banana spiders. A windshield is a must. Here is a map if you haven't gotten one yet. Enjoy!

IMG 20230607 070352 IMG 20230607 065910 IMG 20230607 065853

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a tablet with lifetime trail maps, if you have the same I mapped both north and south sections and sent the files in to be added in an update for everyone to have.

I do appreciate you uploading that for everyone who doesn't have the trails on a tablet.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been itching to get out since moving down here a few months ago, looks like Ocala is the closest spot to me. Which trailhead do you recommend?

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I've been itching to get out since moving down here a few months ago, looks like Ocala is the closest spot to me. Which trailhead do you recommend?
I recommend 316 trail head or Rodman dam trail head. The KOA also has a trail head but a lot of holes with water in the wet season.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Depends on the direction you are coming from north east probably Rodman at Kirkpatrick dam. From the south 316, that's the trail head I use.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If you can make it this weekend I will be there, after this weekend I have to rebuild my steering rack from TO so my buggy will be down for two weeks.

Reactions: JenElio
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can make it this weekend I will be there, after this weekend I have to rebuild my steering rack from TO so my buggy will be down for two weeks.
I can go Sunday, boy has a football game Saturday

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Looking at the Florida National Forest OHV website, doesn't seem clear on if all passengers in sxs need a pass or just the driver? Seems written for ATVs/motorcycles?

I bought one yearly pass, if you pay by the day it's one $10 and if I recall it covers 3 days.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The only one I see not map out is the KOA connector trail and parts of pipeline trail. Looks nice.👍Has anyone gone on wandering wiregrass trail? One last question.. How wet have the trails been lately?
They north are dry today. South was wet.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Were stopped at the salt spring corral you can walk across and get lunch but the trail down it sucks broke a whip. This is the second set the dog leg down to the diner has claimed.

Bring regular tires the sugar sand and mud tires no Bueno. My first trip out here was our p1k5 on silverbacks we had to stop frequently to cool the machine down it kept hitting 4 bars.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!