Gas out vent tube problem. Anyone?

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys having an issue with gas coming out my vent tube. Have vent extended to top of rops and hose runs upwards from the tank. Have checked to make sure hose isn’t plugged and pulled fuel pump (not an expert) and everything looks ok. Doesn’t happen on flat or slightly rolling terrain but out here in Colorado going up steep grades it drips gas out of the tube. My only thought is a larger hose. Any other ideas?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
running snorkel? if so toss it in the intake to keep it from dripping on anything.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
thats where id run it to. im guessing you have the 1000. i have 14 700. and my gas line is still in the stock place never had a problem with it but i dont stay under water more than 10 minutes at a time.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thats where id run it to. im guessing you have the 1000. i have 14 700. and my gas line is still in the stock place never had a problem with it but i dont stay under water more than 10 minutes at a time.

Yep 1000. Don’t like water either just extended it for safety I guess. Thanks.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
water doesnt bother me. lol. i submarine mine all the time. water wheelies with the 27s but dont have enough bouyancy with my 32s. .

Reactions: Mudwing
J

JTW

Ok guys having an issue with gas coming out my vent tube. Have vent extended to top of rops and hose runs upwards from the tank. Have checked to make sure hose isn’t plugged and pulled fuel pump (not an expert) and everything looks ok. Doesn’t happen on flat or slightly rolling terrain but out here in Colorado going up steep grades it drips gas out of the tube. My only thought is a larger hose. Any other ideas?
Does it happen even when the tank is low?

Reactions: TripleB
K

Kevdp4

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did the same around Silverton. Never did it before.

I ended up putting a line from the top back down the frame so it would spill on my panels. Was afraid it my siphon but it didn't, was actually better.

Reactions: tr005
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up putting a line from the top back down the frame so it would spill on my panels. Was afraid it my siphon but it didn't, was actually better.
I just added a inline fuel filter and changed the hose going up the ROPS from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch. Hoping the inline filter will work like a bellows and bigger hose more air.

K

Kevdp4

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
SW Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just added a inline fuel filter and changed the hose going up the ROPS from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch. Hoping the inline filter will work like a bellows and bigger hose more air.

I have 1/4" fuel line with an inline filter.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 1/4" fuel line with an inline filter.
Tried this didn’t work. Had inline filter between oem hose and extension hose. Going to try putting filter at the top next.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
best thing you can do is try and find a small vaccuum canister that has inlet on bottom and top. actually create a bellow space

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My vent was pukin gas out at take over this year. Never had happened before. Took the seat off an messed with the line a bit. Never was sure of the cause bit it hasnt happened since.

Reactions: tr005 and TripleB
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My vent was pukin gas out at take over this year. Never had happened before. Took the seat off an messed with the line a bit. Never was sure of the cause bit it hasnt happened since.
@Remington said you had an issue but didn’t know what remedied it. Thought I had it solved yesterday. Have to keep messing with it I guess.

Reactions: Remington
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Remington said you had an issue but didn’t know what remedied it. Thought I had it solved yesterday. Have to keep messing with it I guess.
Ive heard something about if you have a low loop it can collect in it and then cause a siphon. I pulled the vent up tight and straight back up to the roof amd haven't had any problems since then. I was baffled.

Reactions: Remington and tr005
D

DDDonkey

I don’t get the gas spilling out of mine, but I do get a fume smell when I get up into the mountains or it’s really hot out.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive heard something about if you have a low loop it can collect in it and then cause a siphon. I pulled the vent up tight and straight back up to the roof amd haven't had any problems since then. I was baffled.
Yeah I don’t get it. Got it running higher than the tank all the way up to the top of ROPS. We did a pretty good climb first thing yesterday and no problem. Came back down and started a long gradual incline at about 18 mph and it started again. Daughter and son in-laws machine did it also. Going to try and put an in line filter at the top. If that doesn’t work I bought enough hose to run it back down so it drips on the ground. The gas fumes are unbearable otherwise.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yeah I don’t get it. Got it running higher than the tank all the way up to the top of ROPS. We did a pretty good climb first thing yesterday and no problem. Came back down and started a long gradual incline at about 18 mph and it started again. Daughter and son in-laws machine did it also. Going to try and put an in line filter at the top. If that doesn’t work I bought enough hose to run it back down so it drips on the ground. The gas fumes are unbearable otherwise.
Make sure the line isn't pinched or if you use zip ties, they don't have the line smashed. If you notice it again, stop and open your gas cap and see if you have pressure in the tank. U should be able to freely blow in the vent line with the gas cap off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!