GBC Kanati tires??

U

usmcduncan

Jan 15, 2014
Does anyone have experience with these new DOT approved tires? I use the new pioneer for work, which includes riding around town on paved roads, and the stock tires are wasting away. Actually 75 percent of my use is going to be on pavement, so I need something with pavement durability. My only concern is that for factory wheel options, they only offer a 26x10x12. I know the height will fit, but not sure about turning a 10 inch wide tire on the front... Any information is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

D

doubleuay

Apr 4, 2015
Did you go with the Kanati Mongrel? How were they on street, turf, and trail?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10" wide on front is fine been doing it for a year no probs.

D

doubleuay

Apr 4, 2015
A report on these tires would be appreciated... Any frame trim necessary?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Frame trim not needed on the 700, you will need a lift for 28's and above they will rub.

D

doubleuay

Apr 4, 2015
Any experience with these on a P5... 26x10x12's. Frame Trim? Ride?

S

Southarkrob

Jul 6, 2015
Any experience with these on a P5... 26x10x12's. Frame Trim? Ride?
I have had them for a year on a Pioneer 500 and just put them on my new 700-4 and they are holding up well. I have 26" on aluminum wheels. I have Maxxis Acceras on my Big Red and they have been on there for over 6 years and they have a LOT of life left in them. First thing I do when I get a UTV is swap the tires out to a radial.. makes them handle a lot better. These Mongrels seem to do good in the mud.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Southarkrob and thank you for your reveiw

Psylas

Psylas

Apr 30, 2015
Anchorage, Alaska
First thing I do when I get a UTV is swap the tires out to a radial.. makes them handle a lot better. These Mongrels seem to do good in the mud.

I'm also interested in these tires and was worried about it's mud performance. Did you go through a pit or just a sloppy trail?

S

Southarkrob

Jul 6, 2015
I'm also interested in these tires and was worried about it's mud performance. Did you go through a pit or just a sloppy trail?
Thanks for the welcome guys.. The mud I get into is on my hunting leases and in the cow pastures and they do great... don't have to winch much. These radials do great.. If I was mud riding only.. I don't think they would be my first choice but for my style of riding.. rough ground. They are great. The Maxxis tires have been on the Big Red since 09 and I have never had a flat or low tire. I am a tire repair professional by trade (Territory manager for a major tire repair manufacturer) and I can repair these tires like a regular truck tire.. instead of plugging them with a string plug. These Kanatis ride very smooth also. I just hope they hold up as well as the Maxxis tires have.. the Maxxis tires get rode on asphalt everyday to the cow pastures and they still have plenty of tread on them.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the welcome guys.. The mud I get into is on my hunting leases and in the cow pastures and they do great... don't have to winch much. These radials do great.. If I was mud riding only.. I don't think they would be my first choice but for my style of riding.. rough ground. They are great. The Maxxis tires have been on the Big Red since 09 and I have never had a flat or low tire. I am a tire repair professional by trade (Territory manager for a major tire repair manufacturer) and I can repair these tires like a regular truck tire.. instead of plugging them with a string plug. These Kanatis ride very smooth also. I just hope they hold up as well as the Maxxis tires have.. the Maxxis tires get rode on asphalt everyday to the cow pastures and they still have plenty of tread on them.
Good to have another cow man on board!

S

Southarkrob

Jul 6, 2015
Here is a pic of my new 700-4 with 26" Kanatis on SS Wheels.. they have are a year old and still look good.

S

Southarkrob

Jul 6, 2015
Here is a pic of my new 700-4 with 26" Kanatis on SS Wheels.. they have are a year old and still look good.
Whoops.. forgot to add the pics
Pioneer
Pioneer 2

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just ordered 28" tensor regulators, I wanted a truck style as well. Guy I rode with this weekend has the same tires as you on a wildcat 1000 4 seat. He did great in the snow and ice. That made my mind up to order something similar.

@Plumber32 , where did you get them from?

Can't remember....what have you done to fit 28's on your 700?

Do you notice loss of torque with 28's?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Plumber32 , where did you get them from?

Can't remember....what have you done to fit 28's on your 700?

Do you notice loss of torque with 28's?
got them from rocky Mountain, they will be here today but probably a day or 2 before I get them mounted. I don't have a lift or anything and have run 27" zillas for 200 miles and they clear no problems. So I'm not expecting any issues. I've got alot of adjustment left in the walker Evans to give me more lift if needed. Also I ordered a low profile aluminum roof from a guy out of ky. So my roof clearance should be 4" lower also

Reactions: Farmer
duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
How are the mongrels in snow, I need to plow snow a couple days each winter usually 6-10 inches. I've been running stock tires and wheels and thinking about pulling them of early to save for snow days but that would be a pain as I'm not in the market for new wheels per say.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!