P1000 Gear 1 light flashing

M

Mikee

Apr 9, 2017
Washington, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2016 1000-3 EPS, bought new in appox. April 2017. Bone stock, only added a Honda roof & a radio. Have approx. 350 miles on it. Ride it in the yard with my wife & kids and some light trail riding, never had in any water or mud. I know it runs well but I do not run it hard, it is used pretty lightly. While trail riding last weekend I came to a stop & the "gear 1" light started flashing. I tried to accelerate but it would only run approx. 5 mph. I immediately stopped & cut it off. Sat for about 2 minutes, cranked it up & it ran fine. What might this be? The only other issue I have noticed in the past is that occasionally (20% of the time) when stopped & in any gear the vehicle will move slightly when you take your foot off the brake. It's seems that maybe the transmission is still slightly engaged. I called the dealer about this issue & they recommended to reflash? the ECM. I never did the reflash though as it is an occasional issue. Is this going to cause any long term problems?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 1000-3 EPS, bought new in appox. April 2017. Bone stock, only added a Honda roof & a radio. Have approx. 350 miles on it. Ride it in the yard with my wife & kids and some light trail riding, never had in any water or mud. I know it runs well but I do not run it hard, it is used pretty lightly. While trail riding last weekend I came to a stop & the "gear 1" light started flashing. I tried to accelerate but it would only run approx. 5 mph. I immediately stopped & cut it off. Sat for about 2 minutes, cranked it up & it ran fine. What might this be? The only other issue I have noticed in the past is that occasionally (20% of the time) when stopped & in any gear the vehicle will move slightly when you take your foot off the brake. It's seems that maybe the transmission is still slightly engaged. I called the dealer about this issue & they recommended to reflash? the ECM. I never did the reflash though as it is an occasional issue. Is this going to cause any long term problems?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Do the re flash, there is a thread on here on how to do it. It should fix the problem and you probably won't have to do it ever again.

M

Mikee

Apr 9, 2017
Washington, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do the re flash, there is a thread on here on how to do it. It should fix the problem and you probably won't have to do it ever again.
I will read up on the reflash & try to do this weekend. Would the reflash possibly have any effect on the vehicle moving while in gear issue? Thanks for the info. Sharp!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think the procedure is actually called clutch initialization. Basically resetting the PCM that controls the clutching action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Mikee

Apr 9, 2017
Washington, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think the procedure is actually called clutch initialization. Basically resetting the PCM that controls the clutching action.

thanks alkaholic elkoholic, have I seen you somewhere in the woods before?

Reactions: elkaholic
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Possibly. Been involved in off road pursuits for a while:

SFWDA, UFWDA, TLCA, and I also hand out some on IH8MUD

M

Mikee

Apr 9, 2017
Washington, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Possibly. Been involved in off road pursuits for a while:

SFWDA, UFWDA, TLCA, and I also hand out some on IH8MUD

10-4. Any storm damage down your way? Hope all is good in your neck of the woods.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
None for me. Lost power for 8 hours. Winds were higher than expected. Per my weather station, we had about 30 minutes of 45+mph winds and maximum gusts of >50

M

Mikee

Apr 9, 2017
Washington, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
None for me. Lost power for 8 hours. Winds were higher than expected. Per my weather station, we had about 30 minutes of 45+mph winds and maximum gusts of >50

That's good news! Not so good for those poor souls in FL & TX though.

Looks like your close to Carolina Adventure World, you ever been there? My brother wants to go there next month but I've been spoiled by the Hatfield McCoy trails up in the Bramwell area. What is your take on CAW?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If I could sneak in the back side, I am 20 minutes from CAW. 30 to the main entrance.

Not a fan of CAW personally. It is either way dusty or very muddy. Nothing in between. I'd rather make the 2 hour drive to Uwharrie than go to CAW

Reactions: Mikee
advertisement
M

Mikee

Apr 9, 2017
Washington, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I could sneak in the back side, I am 20 minutes from CAW. 30 to the main entrance.

Not a fan of CAW personally. It is either way dusty or very muddy. Nothing in between. I'd rather make the 2 hour drive to Uwharrie than go to CAW

That's kinda the consensus I'm getting on CAW. It seems expensive for cabins, permits, parking, food, etc. And lots of rules. Don't get me wrong, we all need some rules to keep it safe & fun but too many rules can be turning people away. We used to go to Uwharrie 2-3 times every year but since my 1st trip to West Va. about 10 years ago I haven't been back to Uwharrie since. It's about a 6 hour drive but well worth it to me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!