GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
In all your situations, for me, manual wins. I control the RPM. To each their own.

Please explain why manual mode is better?
Because you can shift manually with the paddles in both auto mode I do it all the time.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Most times in trails I’m in low manual. Nice to never grab brakes. Not a fan of auto low at all. Higher speed I usually still run manual, I just like it better.
But I do believe most of the issues like was said are over so it’s really up to the operator. Kinda whatever someone likes, that’s the beauty of this system. Super slow should be done in low still, never hill hold the machine with the throttle, try to jump on it a little if backing up a hill and you’ll be fine.
I run low manual on trails and high auto every where else.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Because you can shift manually with the paddles in both auto mode I do it all the time.
It won’t hold the gear very long if manually shifting in auto, always goes back to programmed gear, sometimes when you don’t want it to. And even in low range sometimes I’ll bump up a gear or two for cruising. Coming from dirt bikes it feels much more natural to me. I don’t mind sport when getting with it at higher speed, that mixed with paddles isn’t bad. Do that on occasion.
My wife runs sport sometimes in the tight trails but I hate riding with her because of it. Daughter uses manual most of the time as well. If I have a friend driving for first time I’ll simply have them run sport tight stuff and auto for higher speed. Love having the choices.

Last edited:
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Manual gives you complete RPM control. Hit the rev limiter if you like, lug the hell out of it, whatever trips your trigger.

Also, not saying its better for everyone. Can see people who are not used to or don't like manual trans liking auto better. Again To Each Their Own.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree... mine is in low on the trails and high only when it’s really up and going or puttering around the house
Personally 20mph or less I'm in low range. 21mph and higher high range. Most of my slow riding is up hill or tight switchbacks. I use manual shifting in low range also, almost never in high range.
Same

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and TripleB
Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The reason you got stuck is because you didn't have it in sport mode LOL

Think about it?
Sport Mode auto is the best mode to be in when you hit a mud hole, it keeps your Rpm's up.
Situation
If the mud is slick and you start really spinning you don't want shift up until you hit red line so you don't bogg the engine.
Sport Mode wins
The mud is sticky engine starts pulling down it shifts up quicker.
Sport Mode wins again
In auto you can shift up and down with the paddles but it keeps you from accidentally shift up a gear to High and bogging the engine because it is out the Sport Mode RPM range.
Sport Mode wins again
I try to never go through mud without being in low (usually also manual). I want all the power I can to push through the mud and it feels like it is straining the transmission less.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!