Genuine Honda accessories

R

RUSSIAN

Dec 13, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buyers beware! If you order any Honda accessories, you CANNOT order replacement parts for the kits. Honda lists the part names and quantity’s but assigns NO part numbers for them ! Ordered a genuine Honda accessories bed extender, needed a small part that broke, was told by Honda that parts for the kit are not available, they instructed me to order a whole new bed extender kit for the part that I needed ! I objected and the told me to go to a hardware store. I have ordered almost every accessory in there catalog an installed them on my 1000 5 Deluxe. Love the machine, very disappointing in there service and response to this obvious over site in their accessories division!

Reactions: ChadD
R

RUSSIAN

Dec 13, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Through online dealers mostly, Pro Caliber, South west Honda etc, no issues with the dealerships, my correspondence ( emails and phone calls ) have been directly with the manufacturer, Honda power sports.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Through online dealers mostly, Pro Caliber, South west Honda etc, no issues with the dealerships, my correspondence ( emails and phone calls ) have been directly with the manufacturer, Honda power sports.
If you ordered through a dealer and the product they shipped you was incomplete, you should be contacting the dealer, not with the manufacturer. If the dealer won't make you whole, return it to the dealer and get a refund from them. If you get a bad pair of sneakers from Walmart, you don't contact Nike to get things fixed ... you return them to Walmart.

R

RUSSIAN

Dec 13, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Came in complete, my point, as I stated in my post, is you can’t, after the fact, order individual replacement parts for any accessories. You buy a $3000.00 set of hard doors and 6 months later you break a door handle, you can’t order just a replacement handle, Honda’s solution, buy a new set of doors

• Wow
Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Came in complete, my point, as I stated in my post, is you can’t, after the fact, order individual replacement parts for any accessories. You buy a $3000.00 set of hard doors and 6 months later you break a door handle, you can’t order just a replacement handle, Honda’s solution, buy a new set of doors
Editing this post. After I re-read it, it was a little harsh and didn't convey the message I was trying to share.

You can't always get every single piece of something for an OEM assembly on its own.

I needed a ball joint for an early 2000's Lincoln LSC. Had to buy the entire A-Arm. Couldn't buy just the lens for a headlight assembly- had to buy the entire assembly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and Prntckt
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My guess is there is virtually no demand for some of those individual parts. That being said, buying a new $3k set of doors to replace a door handle seems out of line. If that’s the case, hope I don’t need any replacement components for my Honda hard doors…..:(

Reactions: RUSSIAN and ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Parts are available for some accessories. Like door hinges, roof brackets, wiper arm.

I have collected a list of a few here.

But I don't have the bed extender. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Parts are available for some accessories. Like door hinges, roof brackets, wiper arm.

I have collected a list of a few here.

But I don't have the bed extender. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the list, I‘m sure it will address many of the concerns.

Reactions: ChadD and Scoop
H

HondaTech

Like @Hondasxs stated, their are lots of replacement parts available for multiple accessories.

If you called us with an issue like this, we could probably get the part(s) you needed. The people Honda has working for them in Customer Service and even dealer services are stupid and are reading off a sheet. Alot of times we can dig and get stuff they dont know about or say you cant get.

What part do you need?

advertisement
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Like @Hondasxs stated, their are lots of replacement parts available for multiple accessories.

If you called us with an issue like this, we could probably get the part(s) you needed. The people Honda has working for them in Customer Service and even dealer services are stupid and are reading off a sheet. Alot of times we can dig and get stuff they dont know about or say you cant get.

What part do you need?
more examples of the knowledge and help readily available from forum members

Reactions: ChadD and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!