P500 Getting pins out

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Super dumb question but I've been having a hell of a time getting these off...broke one already. Push pins are easy but these are a pain in the ass. Does anyone have an easy way to get these off? Trying to get the damn seatbelt bypass done.

PXL 20210519 232211616

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Also where can I get extras? 🤣

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Are you pushing in on the center pin?

• Love
Reactions: rustyneversleeps
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Delete this thread. 🤣 🤣

Holy s*** that was driving me nuts.

Where can I get more 🤣 I need 2...

• Haha
Reactions: Peter_72
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
EDIT: Sorry.......I thought you were referring to push pins. I don't remember having to deal with anything like that on my 2016.

Guess I've been standing too close to the microwave again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Here's some more comic relief...any ideas I'm all ears. Got everything off and basically have the seatbelt clip exposed but cant get behind it. Last screw on the drivers side
PXL 20210520 010341092
to get the panel off and it is on there so tight I stripped it. Went slow with hand screwdriver, then slow with drill, then tried flathead. I can't get the thing off and it's stripped now like a mofo. So funny I need to add all this to my build thread.

I don't have any rubberbands at the house to try and not sure what else to do besides drilling it out or getting an extractor.

Any ideas?🤣

PXL 20210520 005936613

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I don't have my P5 here to look at it. Is that a threaded screw?
Yep straight threaded...I took 5 others out before that one without any problems. Not sure if the dealer put that together or it came like that from Honda but the thing wouldnt/won't budge. Absolute f***ery I'm losing it over here 🤣

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Yep straight threaded...I took 5 others out before that one without any problems. Not sure if the dealer put that together or it came like that from Honda but the thing wouldnt/won't budge. Absolute f***ery I'm losing it over here 🤣

If you were a little closer, I would loan you one my LH drill bits, Maybe an EZ out? If it were me, at this point, I would consume a large quanity of my favorite adult beverage and revisit it in the morning. 🍻

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
If you were a little closer, I would loan you one my LH drill bits, Maybe an EZ out? If it were me, at this point, I would consume a large quanity of my favorite adult beverage and revisit it in the morning. 🍻
I appreciate that a lot man. The irony of this is beyond belief, literally the first thing I've done (attempted 🤣 ) since I got it home. I'm on your advice and done with it for the night. Taking the L haha.

• Haha
Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
I appreciate that a lot man. The irony of this is beyond belief, literally the first thing I've done (attempted 🤣 ) since I got it home. I'm on your advice and done with it for the night. Taking the L haha.
I feel your pain. I stripped/rounded one or two myself. Before rounding them completely, a friend had an impact driver that loosened them. Impact driver is the answer. I replaced those, plus bought two extra. They are expensive little screws. Must be gold filled.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
At this point? Chisel.

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
At this point? Chisel.
Take a Dremel tool and cut a line across the top so you can use a large flat head screwdriver. Hit the back of the handle with a hammer while turning left. If that fails grind the head off(TWSS) and take plastic off around destroyed screw then remove with small channel locks. 😎

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Take a Dremel tool and cut a line across the top so you can use a large flat head screwdriver. Hit the back of the handle with a hammer while turning left. If that fails grind the head off(TWSS) and take plastic off around destroyed screw then remove with small channel locks. 😎
I'm not sure I will be able to grind the head off - thing is super tight and flush with the plastic.... Straight frustration nation I'm telling you. I think this is the worst stripped screw I've ever seen/done - I've not been able to budge it. Will have to see if I can borrow a Dremel or buy an extractor. I'm really at a loss to minimize any damage to the plastic or thread insert.

PXL 20210520 123711157

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I would definitely recommend a left hand drill bit. I have had good luck with them, and most of the time the screw will spin out when you get deep enough. If not, you will have a hole ready for the EZ out.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not sure I will be able to grind the head off - thing is super tight and flush with the plastic.... Straight frustration nation I'm telling you. I think this is the worst stripped screw I've ever seen/done - I've not been able to budge it. Will have to see if I can borrow a Dremel or buy an extractor. I'm really at a loss to minimize any damage to the plastic or thread insert.

View attachment 272774
With the Dremel you are cutting your own flat to put a screwdriver in there. I did the same thing to mine. Same screws on the 7hundo. A Dremel is a handy tool to have around. Might as well buy one instead of borrowing. Wish you were closer, I’d shoot over and help you. 😎

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 272774
Can you “bite” on the side of the screw with a small pipe wrench? Or other positive grip pliers? Maybe file edges to gain purchase. 😎Sidebar: Phillips screws suck. 🤣
600F4871 D630 4EDB 8BF8 A864D34DEBEB

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I would definitely recommend a left hand drill bit. I have had good luck with them, and most of the time the screw will spin out when you get deep enough. If not, you will have a hole ready for the EZ out.
I'm going to stop at the hardware store when I get off and start with the LH drill bit and EZ out. Thanks for the offer and advice!

With the Dremel you are cutting your own flat to put a screwdriver in there. I did the same thing to mine. Same screws on the 7hundo. A Dremel is a handy tool to have around. Might as well buy one instead of borrowing. Wish you were closer, I’d shoot over and help you. 😎
Really appreciate the offer man. Seems like I'm gonna be wishing I was closer to a lot of you guys as the time goes on lol - you are right a Dremel is worth the investment. I had a cheaper HF $15 one that lasted like 2 seconds, but need to get a Dremel brand one. I will suck it up and buy one if Silver's suggestions dont work. I also tried pliers - you can see the scratches on the screw head 🤣

Thanks a lot for the help and ideas guys, almost 36 years of being a rookie 🤣 I'll try this stuff when I get off work and try not to think of this debacle until then 🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!