Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They are def having some issues with the RMAX but not build quality issues more design or engineering issues, this is it's first year.

I bought an X2 which has been on the market for about 5 years now. They have made some serious improvements over the years.
Yamaha makes good machines no doubt about that but they're still rubber band Drive. That equals my RPMs and lots of noise. I get enough of that with my snowmobiles. That's about as much as I can take of belt-drive that's what the hell man on the muffle the noise LOL

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's only speculation, but It really does seems like Honda has been more lax with quality control lately.

My Yamaha seems to be built like a brick s*** house, am I going to have any problems? Who knows but I am very impressed with it's build quality so far. I think they are running a tighter ship right now.
What is pure speculation? It was a lot covered there

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Now if Toyota made a side by side I'd be all over it..... hate to say but they've been the best vehicles I've ever owned.
They are arguably the most reliable vehicle on the market right now but they stick their heads in the sand when they have a problem. Unfortunately, I know that from experience.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yamaha makes good machines no doubt about that but they're still rubber band Drive. That equals my RPMs and lots of noise. I get enough of that with my snowmobiles. That's about as much as I can take of belt-drive that's what the hell man on the muffle the noise LOL
The belt was a concern for me, but it is a belt that has constant tension and works in conjunction with a wet clutch. I don't think I will have trouble but there is a higher maintenance factor for sure.

The RPM's don't seem to annoying yet, the high low gear range helps quite a bit.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have to respectfully dissagree with that statment. Everything made or half made and assembled in the US is suffering with quality control issues right now NOT just Honda. The China Virus has caused these issues like it or not! Right Now is Not the greatest of times to buy a lot of things new! Honda can't help that good and enough workers combined aren't available to push out a product with a high demand of it. With that, you see rushing & quality issues. I'm seeing it in my industry as well. This is just a platform to highlight those issues. One thing is for sure,there hasn't been any major issues with Honda past the missing oil,leaks and so on.
Yammi is a good machine btw. I Bet they have there fair share as well
BTW, mine is a 16, way before all this artificial crap started happening.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Now if Toyota made a side by side I'd be all over it..... hate to say but they've been the best vehicles I've ever owned.
toyota and yamaha have a long history of co-developed vehicles and a shared ownership stake in each other.
I'll stick with Honda for SxS but a one day a Tacoma might be in my driveway.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
toyota and yamaha have a long history of co-developed vehicles and a shared ownership stake in each other.
I'll stick with Honda for SxS but a one day a Tacoma might be in my driveway.
I have owned 3 Tacomas, since 96. I liked my 96 the best but was destroyed by an old lady who lost control in the snow. I wish I could buy a new 96 right now. The newer Tacoma are great but just a bit too fancy for my likings.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
JoeyL/Montecristo/Smitty335 are all right on target. What you hear on SXS is problems people are wrestling with. Great thing is that SXS members will alwasy try to help you with your problems - and no one charges one cent. Most members are very happy with their purchase and never post on SXS. The majority of Honda SXS folks do not have problems so they do not need to post to SXS. I also agree that a up-to-date manual is a good inventment. Besides what other say, Honda does not make junk and the company will be here for a long time. Honda like all others were impacted by Coivd and quality control at their plant. Things are getting back to normal. Honda will stand by their customers. Keep the faith.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As i'm waiting for my P1K5 base model to arrive in a couple weeks (or so). I'm getting the jitters as i read the
the horror stories for the cost of 1st service Schedual maintenance, Shift cable adjustments on new machine, Etc.
And even some posts commenting "Junk Ass Hondas", Are those true sentiments or sarcasm?
I am mechanical, But it just does sound like a lack of quality control for such an expensive vehicle.
I Plan on doing my own service, can't fathom paying those costs.
Nor do i plan on buying extended warranty coverage, Any thoughts and/or comments?
Anyone have a list of those service maintenance scheduals? For my old Tractor and my snowmobiles i have manuals
Is there one available for this machine?
Just having jitters,
wondering if its worth buying. My main use is going to be on my 20 acres working fire wood etc. and riding to a couple river spots with wife and friends, grandchildren. Some road riding, some trail riding, I won't be baja or mud bogging, Just Family fun.
?
You sound like a perfect owner. You are gonna love it! I love mine.

Monkypops

Monkypops

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We bought a 2021 in 2020 and we absolutely love it. I did the first maintenance on my own. I have taken this 1000-5 through it's passes and she is running strong. I have since driven many other models and do not regret my Honda purchase.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As i'm waiting for my P1K5 base model to arrive in a couple weeks (or so). I'm getting the jitters as i read the
the horror stories for the cost of 1st service Schedual maintenance, Shift cable adjustments on new machine, Etc.
And even some posts commenting "Junk Ass Hondas", Are those true sentiments or sarcasm?
I am mechanical, But it just does sound like a lack of quality control for such an expensive vehicle.
I Plan on doing my own service, can't fathom paying those costs.
Nor do i plan on buying extended warranty coverage, Any thoughts and/or comments?
Anyone have a list of those service maintenance scheduals? For my old Tractor and my snowmobiles i have manuals
Is there one available for this machine?
Just having jitters,
wondering if its worth buying. My main use is going to be on my 20 acres working fire wood etc. and riding to a couple river spots with wife and friends, grandchildren. Some road riding, some trail riding, I won't be baja or mud bogging, Just Family fun.
?
Obob - I've had a 2021 P1000-5 LE for seven months and 600ish miles. It stalled when it first arrived. The first shop didn't fix it, the second found loose engine grounds and fixed it. Then I found a popped rear axle cv boot clamp. Not sure if that was a bad install, or if something kicked up and knocked it off. Was an easy fix. A few weeks ago it wouldn't start - had power, but it wouldn't turn over. As I was testing with a 12v needle point voltage tester, it started. No problems since then.

So my experience hasn't been perfect, but I'm still a fan. I've been tied up, but hope to put a lot of miles on it in the next three months. My hope and expectation is that there were just a few kinks to iron out.

O

Obob

Apr 5, 2021
Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Awesome, I'm still reading the replies and appreciate all the feed back.
I am reassured that i picked the right machine for me and my familys needs!
Just waiting patiently for it to arrive.
Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!