Talon glass windshield

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
Finally got the extreme metal products windshield in yesterday. Took a little longer to get after I ordered it. But once I finally did get it delivered and installed it seems like a solid product. There is a little loss of visibility around with roll cage, but it's nothing that would change my mind honestly. They windshield wiper is a novel idea, but really doesn't clean the area the driver looks thru. I think I may see if I can run a longer wiper blade to see if that will clear a little better. Still haven't messed with that yet. All in all I would recommend the product.

20191129 204827

Reactions: Mudwing
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
So who's all running the honda glass windshield?

I just got mine on and I'm pretty disappointed in the fitment along the hood/cowel area. The seal has the perfect shape, but I cannot get the window down or in enough to close the 1/8" gap. For how much it costs with the wiper, it should be monsoon proof.

IMG 20200111 141734 01

IMG 20200111 140317 01

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Silicone???? JK

That’s a bummer. Hopefully someone else that has one comes along with some help....;)

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
My honda windshield fits tight.

i think you should shim your hood cowl up.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My honda windshield fits tight.

i think you should shim your hood cowl up.

Do you have the honda wiper? That alone shims it up 3/16" although your idea isn't a bad one.

I was thinking that pushing it in would also help, the problem is that the design of the clamps on the cage don't hold the windshield tight, so I can push it in a bit, tighten the bolts and it pops back out

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Do you have the honda wiper? That alone shims it up 3/16" although your idea isn't a bad one.

I was thinking that pushing it in would also help, the problem is that the design of the clamps on the cage don't hold the windshield tight, so I can push it in a bit, tighten the bolts and it pops back out

no honda wiper.

i did a pair of motors, one on each side. (Ebay specials totaling $100 for both wipers, washer, tank etc)

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
no honda wiper.

i did a pair of motors, one on each side. (Ebay specials totaling $100 for both wipers, washer, tank etc)

Gotcha, how's the coverage with 2? I was actually surprised at how well the one wiper covers the windshield. I did throw a 14" blade on there vs the 13" it came with :D

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Gotcha, how's the coverage with 2? I was actually surprised at how well the one wiper covers the windshield. I did throw a 14" blade on there vs the 13" it came with :D

coverage is almost too good.
The timing varies slightly so they hit each other sometimes.

just makes a funny noise.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Finally got the extreme metal products windshield in yesterday. Took a little longer to get after I ordered it. But once I finally did get it delivered and installed it seems like a solid product. There is a little loss of visibility around with roll cage, but it's nothing that would change my mind honestly. They windshield wiper is a novel idea, but really doesn't clean the area the driver looks thru. I think I may see if I can run a longer wiper blade to see if that will clear a little better. Still haven't messed with that yet. All in all I would recommend the product.

View attachment 168315
How are you liking your EMP windshield? I got mine about 2 weeks ago and going to put it on tomorrow now that the weather has cooled down and we are getting some rain.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
How are you liking your EMP windshield? I got mine about 2 weeks ago and going to put it on tomorrow now that the weather has cooled down and we are getting some rain.
Windshield has been great. I would suggest some locktite on the nut to keep the wiper arm on. For sure before you install the windshield go ahead and install that wiper assembly. Once it's on it is a pain to access it up under the lip on the roof.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Windshield has been great. I would suggest some locktite on the nut to keep the wiper arm on. For sure before you install the windshield go ahead and install that wiper assembly. Once it's on it is a pain to access it up under the lip on the roof.
I'm liking my windshield! I had the top off when I installed the rear plexiyglass and the front windshield, so putting on the wiper wasn't a problem. Thanks for the info on the wiper assembly, I'll do that before my next trip. Been out twice with the new EMP windshield.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I took those white or silver vent plates to the powder coater and had them powder coat them semi gloss black to match the windshield, they just stuck out like a sore thumb when they were in before. He didn't charge me anything to do them just threw them in with another job, looks a lot better in my opinion.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!