BOX1

P500 Glass windshield

P

P520GOAT

Jun 13, 2022
Ca
Ownership

1. 520
Was looking at glass windshields and was wondering if you guys had either the EMP glass windshield or the utv 801 windshield and which you prefer? Any cons on either of them?

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Was looking at glass windshields and was wondering if you guys had either the EMP glass windshield or the utv 801 windshield and which you prefer? Any cons on either of them?
I have the EMP. It will obstruct your view a little compared to a full plastic shield. It's hinged and heavy and you must hold it up to access hood. Easy fix is to hold it up with something like a small block of 2x4 on dash. Need a rear shield also or you will be sucking dust big time. Trigger shield also helps with dust and heat.

Reactions: trigger
P

P520GOAT

Jun 13, 2022
Ca
Ownership

1. 520
I have the EMP. It will obstruct your view a little compared to a full plastic shield. It's hinged and heavy and you must hold it up to access hood. Easy fix is to hold it up with something like a small block of 2x4 on dash. Need a rear shield also or you will be sucking dust big time. Trigger shield also helps with dust and heat.
Maybe I’m better on not going glass? I’ll look into that trigger shield also

Reactions: trigger
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have the sXswindshield (UTV windshield) which I like very much. Bottom is hinged for ventilation as well as front hood access. I have also added a windshield washer pump and reservoir along with wipers. If you get frost on a glass windshield you can scrape it just like on your car. If you don't go with glass, be sure to get hard coated plastic, my first windshield was not and within 18 months you could barely see through it.
Trigger shield should be on you list of add-ons regardless of windshield choice.
Sxswindshield08
Vent closed
Sxswindshield11
Vent open (before wipers)
Windshield Wiper Out
Vent open with wipers and washer nozzles

P

P520GOAT

Jun 13, 2022
Ca
Ownership

1. 520
I have the sXswindshield (UTV windshield) which I like very much. Bottom is hinged for ventilation as well as front hood access. I have also added a windshield washer pump and reservoir along with wipers. If you get frost on a glass windshield you can scrape it just like on your car. If you don't go with glass, be sure to get hard coated plastic, my first windshield was not and within 18 months you could barely see through it.
Trigger shield should be on you list of add-ons regardless of windshield choice.
View attachment 346203
Vent closed
View attachment 346204
View attachment 346205
Which roof are you using with that utv windshield? How’s the fit with the windshield on?

Reactions: Smitty335
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Which roof are you using with that utv windshield? How’s the fit with the windshield on?
I have the EMP (Extreme Metal Products) aluminum roof, there is a small gap at top of windshield. Photos are on my laptop which I don’t have with me. I’ll be home tomorrow 31st and will attach photos and give you measurements of the gap.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Sxswindshield07a

Left side windshield to EMP roof - there is virtually no gap at the top of windshield and roof - possibly 1/8 to 3/16" maximum.
SXswindshield19a

Right side - notice the EMP roof overhangs windshield - what looks like a gap is actually the top of windshield to front side clamp of EMP roof, this is on the side not the front.
SXswindshield17a
Inside view of windshield molding and roof

M

Maine Farmer

Jul 16, 2022
ME
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 346203
Vent closed
View attachment 346204
View attachment 346205
What did you use for a wiper and washer kit? Allot of kits available with dubious quality, and I want to get something that works the first time around. Thanks!

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
What did you use for a wiper and washer kit? Allot of kits available with dubious quality, and I want to get something that works the first time around. Thanks!
Wipers were from Kemimoto via Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079L4J8YV/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Only draw back is due to pre bent arms, passenger side is mounted at the top, see pic in post #4
Washer pump and reservoir came from Advanced Auto Parts, unfortunately I can't seem to locate additional info on that, nut as I remember it all came in a kit (see photo for reservoir). To mount reservoir I took a piece of aluminum flat stock, bent a 90 and fastened to cross piece.
If I get tired of hand cranking wiper, I'll change out for a 12VDC Marine wiper package.
WindhieldReservoir

C

CanadianHondaFan

Jul 26, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

DaddyDubbs just wondering if there is any water that leaks in the hinged point of your windshield? Could you share some pics of the inside? This is the exact windshield I'm looking at. Thanks!​

Reactions: FJC 79
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500

DaddyDubbs just wondering if there is any water that leaks in the hinged point of your windshield? Could you share some pics of the inside? This is the exact windshield I'm looking at. Thanks!​

Sorry it took a while to get back to you, somehow I missed your question. Here is a link with a couple of pictures from inside on page 3 post #45. I can send you more pics when I get back home. So far i haven’t noticed leaks at hinge, but I’ll do a hose test and let you know. P500 - Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield

C

CanadianHondaFan

Jul 26, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Thanks very much for the reply sir!

Reactions: FJC 79
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I used stock Honda ROPS clamps and make my own glass windshield. Bought a sheet of aluminum, took to a shop that had a break(sp?) to bend edges for strength. Cut out glass shape with plumbers hole saw in corners and aluminum blade skill saw blade. Once that was done took to window shop and they installed glass. Bottom vent is 3mm thick UHMW and stainless hinge. Fun project not hard to do, was about 1/2 cost of aftermarket here in Canada.

IMG 3780
IMG 3722 IMG 6126

C

CanadianHondaFan

Jul 26, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
JCart very nice! I've been tossing around the idea of building my own too. What thickness aluminum did you use? It looks like you built your own A Arm Guards out of UHMW?

Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
JCart very nice! I've been tossing around the idea of building my own too. What thickness aluminum did you use? It looks like you built your own A Arm Guards out of UHMW?
I don’t remember off hand, will try and get thickness for you tomorrow. Yes the A arm guards front and rear are UHMW and aluminum angle, U bolted to X brace on A arm. As I bought the Dozer in fall of 2014, at the time there were limited options or aftermarket was prohibitively expensive or on back order. So I’ve just made stuff instead, it’s kinda fun and you get pretty much what you want. Apologies for the derail Fellas, if it’s a concern please delete.
Cheers

R stx stopper R stx stopper 2 R stx stopper 3

C

CanadianHondaFan

Jul 26, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
I don’t remember off hand, will try and get thickness for you tomorrow. Yes the A arm guards front and rear are UHMW and aluminum angle, U bolted to X brace on A arm. As I bought the Dozer in fall of 2014, at the time there were limited options or aftermarket was prohibitively expensive or on back order. So I’ve just made stuff instead, it’s kinda fun and you get pretty much what you want. Apologies for the derail Fellas, if it’s a concern please delete.
Cheers

View attachment 386765 View attachment 386766 View attachment 386767
That's awesome thanks for sharing! I'm also in the house of building myself too. As you know north of the boarder here things tend to be quite expensive so we have to do what we can with what we have. Great work.

Reactions: JCart
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry it took a while to get back to you, somehow I missed your question. Here is a link with a couple of pictures from inside on page 3 post #45. I can send you more pics when I get back home. So far i haven’t noticed leaks at hinge, but I’ll do a hose test and let you know. P500 - Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield
As I mentioned, running in the rain I haven't noticed leaks, but then again I was driving and not looking for drips.
Did the hose test, spraying on windshield for about 1 minute and very little water from leaks inside cab.
Hope this helps.
UTV WS 2UTV WS 3UTV WS 4UTV WS 5

C

CanadianHondaFan

Jul 26, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!