P700 go to air filter.......

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are honda stock filters oiled with pj1? I just bought a new stock one and it is oiled, with what,I don't know.
If it’s not, it’s close to it. I get it from the Honda dealer.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Update...

I swapped the PJ1 oiled filter for a brand new filter with whatever light oil is already on it and ran 20 or 30 miles last night. The sluggishness or kinda chattering from the day before is gone.

I am not giving up on it yet though. I later watched a video somewhere about the PJ1 and they were kneading it into the filter. I did not do that, all I did was spray it on and slap it back in the box. Maybe that caused restricted air flow and the noisier than normal sluggish run? I put the PJ1 filter in a ziplock last night when removed, will look at it later.

Hell who knows? I'm off today and will work on it some more to see if I can find a solution. As some of yall know I am the least mechanical dude on earth, but when it's not deer season I do happen to like my slow crawling evening rides to be better than it was a couple nights ago.

Thanks for all the timely and intelligent info fellas! Pics from last couple eves

20210718 194805 1
20210718 192627 1
20210718 192644

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!