Talon Going to see one in person tomorrow...

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If any of you have any requests of things for me to look at, take pictures or videos of, or measure, let me know. I am in Chicago for work and I believe there is a talon at the Chicago auto show which is going on this week. $13 to get in is worth it to me to see one in person. I just hope they let you touch and sit in them at this show. I dont have a tape measure with me but i can figure something out probably if you guys need specifics.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Could you see where the battery and electrical stuff is? Under the hood, or under the seat, or where ever. Just interested, thanks!

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If any of you have any requests of things for me to look at, take pictures or videos of, or measure, let me know. I am in Chicago for work and I believe there is a talon at the Chicago auto show which is going on this week. $13 to get in is worth it to me to see one in person. I just hope they let you touch and sit in them at this show. I dont have a tape measure with me but i can figure something out probably if you guys need specifics.
Yea! Jump it out of the 10th story window and give us some feed back on the suspension! HA!

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Where are you going? Sounds like your going to a strip club with the look but don’t touch comment and a cover charge?

Reactions: nbomar
H

HondaTech

Can you relate what size the axle shafts are to a P1K?

I've been told by a instructor in Troy that they are huge!

Reactions: Plumber32
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can you relate what size the axle shafts are to a P1K?

I've been told by a instructor in Troy that they are huge!

When we saw those two out on the trail, I thought the shafts looked a little larger compared to the pioneer.

It’s kind of funny because the YXZ has more power and skinnier shafts. I know it’s because of their ability to allow slip and control the shock loads sent down the drive line. Really cool stuff.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Rear cargo area/bed dimensions would be nice to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Turns out I am in Chi-town for the weekend and Intend to go to the show to look at a few HD trucks for work as well as the Talon ...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear cargo area/bed dimensions would be nice to know!

IMG 20190126 1326384

I'd say easily 30" wide, 17" deep

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so I was very impressed overall. The quality is awesome! I'm 6'3 and 205 lbs. It could have been bigger in the cab area, but I've sat in an x3, xp1000, yxz1000, maverick, etc, and this was just as roomy if not even bigger inside than any of them. The rear bed can definitely hold the big yeti size cooler. Basically i loved the whoke things except this very short list:
- the mounting point for the rear trailing arm ot the frame side seems like very thin metal and could be a weak point?
- and I'm not sure I like the rocker panel area design. Basically you have the exposed horizontal bar and then below and back under a bit there is another frame piece. Between the two is a piece of body plastic. However behind that plastic on the passenger side is the fuel tank which I think could possibly be an issue in the crazy rocky terrain I ride in.

The other things I didn't care for are so minor they aren't even worth mentioning. More like personal preference. I was pleasantly surprised with how narrow the R version actually was. Makes me think that is the way I would go. Just need somebody to make high clearance training arms with like a 2" lift, along with arch a arms and a 2" lift up front. The axles didn't appear any bigger than the pioneer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Why would that disappear of all things. People running scared of Subpoenas? :D
Idk. I cant find it on my hard copies either. I know it was posted.
Might not been in the thread I'm looking at. I dont remember. But I know it was posted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to mention the bumper. That pitiful little hoop of a front bumper is actually awesome. By looking at the pictures I thought they did worse than the bumper on my pioneer, but after seeing it in person I'm certain you could ram some stuff with that thing and be perfectly fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!