P1000m5 Going to sell the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Very small world. And you are right about the Souther Hospitality piece. KY gets a bad rap by those who think anything south of Chicago is a bunch of rednecks that date their family members. The area where I live is so closed off to ideas that differ from the norm that it is truly obnoxious. Very judgmental and materialistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
J

JTW

Very small world. And you are right about the Souther Hospitality piece. KY gets a bad rap by those who think anything south of Chicago is a bunch of rednecks that date their family members. The area where I live is so closed off to ideas that differ from the norm that it is truly obnoxious. Very judgmental and materialistic.

Yep.. it's not just where you are.. that's a very common urban mentality. I have and still experience it. Some people are just reeeeeally stupid but highly educated. Well, it's why our country is in the state it is..

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Yep.. it's not just where you are.. that's a very common urban mentality. I have and still experience it. Some people are just reeeeeally stupid but highly educated. Well, it's why our country is in the state it is..

It's funny, I work in education and I see this on a daily basis. I'm a high school administrator and we are all pushed to get additional education. Masters, doctorates, certificates, and endorsements. But to me, it seems that the further these people go in their personal education, the farther their heads go up their sphincters. It's as if each certificate or diploma separates them from the rest of the "little people." Education means nothing unless you use it toward the betterment of your community; and I don't mean in entitlements/handouts. But right now, it's used to jack up pay and to continue to build the pedestal these folks like to put themselves on. Okay, rant over.

J

JTW

It's funny, I work in education and I see this on a daily basis. I'm a high school administrator and we are all pushed to get additional education. Masters, doctorates, certificates, and endorsements. But to me, it seems that the further these people go in their personal education, the farther their heads go up their sphincters. It's as if each certificate or diploma separates them from the rest of the "little people." Education means nothing unless you use it toward the betterment of your community; and I don't mean in entitlements/handouts. But right now, it's used to jack up pay and to continue to build the pedestal these folks like to put themselves on. Okay, rant over.

EXACTLY!! Yup.. you need to come to Ky!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

That's one of the best statements I've ever seen and holds true to lots. I see the same thing sometimes

Reactions: JTW and sharp
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
That's one of the best statements I've ever seen and holds true to lots. I see the same thing sometimes

One more and I will stop as I have totally taken this thread off topic.
It seems to me that we have lost sense of community and combined that with an all or nothing mentality. I have a couple of really good neighbors that would help each other out with anything. But most of my neighbors would drive by and wave to my wife if she were changing her tire on the side of the road. We don't know how to take care of each other and protect those around us. And we no longer have pride in our communities. BUT... we do have the mentality that we should "help" everyone by paying their way if they can't. It has become easier to write the proverbial check to make us feel as if we helped change the world. And this leads to the entitlement issues we have today.

I may be more sensitive to this as I live an hour from Chicago and hear about the "gun violence" and how guns are destroying communities. But when it happens, people protest the violence but nothing is done to help regain that community structure

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Yep, we should return to grammar education only and make America great again.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And it's going to kill me... after a year of owning it and loving it, I'm realizing that I've got too much money tied up in a machine that I don't utilize for its intended purpose. My daughter doesn't want to ride and my wife won't go if she doesn't. And my buddies with SxS only went twice this year and the local places aren't big enough for a SxS. So I'm going to go much smaller and get a Honda Rubicon.

With that said, I've never sold anything this expensive online. Can anyone recommend good places to post it besides Craigslist? I will probably try ATV trader too but what else is out there?

And I'm assuming that trading it in will not be a fiscally responsible choice

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Have you decided how you're going to sell it?

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Have you decided how you're going to sell it?

I am going to put it on Craigslist, ATV trader, and this forum. I called the dealer to see about consignment but they said no. They said they don't sell enough Honda products and don't want it taking up space. So first I'm going to pay it off and get the title and then put it up. Just have to wait a couple of paychecks to pull enough cash together to pay it off. I'm assuming it would be a waste of time to try to sell without "title in hand"

Reactions: sharp and JTW
advertisement
J

JTW

I am going to put it on Craigslist, ATV trader, and this forum. I called the dealer to see about consignment but they said no. They said they don't sell enough Honda products and don't want it taking up space. So first I'm going to pay it off and get the title and then put it up. Just have to wait a couple of paychecks to pull enough cash together to pay it off. I'm assuming it would be a waste of time to try to sell without "title in hand"

Yeah.. I wouldn't without the title.

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Great, I wish you luck with that.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank you. Now that Ive made up my mind to sell it, I just want it gone so I don't see it in the garage and try to convince myself to keep it.

I can empathize with you on that.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I posted it on This forum, Atv trader and Craigslist yesterday. Have one person interested locally from Craigslist. Hopefully this goes quick.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!