Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Georgia. Same noise on the P500. Best fix is an awesome radio. A noisy transmission is better than a smoking belt. Thanks for joining the Forum.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's probably normal. For sure, check the joints and stuff...but it's probably fine.

Here's a video I made of my 1st pioneer 700. Notice the downhill where you get the clanks and crunches, in addition to the braking "gear lash". It was still doing it at 8900 miles when I sold it...so I guess it gets a pass.

Yep! Mine does the same, ride on brethern.

costaricaguide

costaricaguide

Aug 26, 2020
colorado
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions. I shot a video with the noise starting at about 22 seconds and then again at 43 seconds but it's really hard to hear with the wind. Maybe some trained ears ;-)

I tried the emergency brake suggestion and it doesn't seem to be the back brakes. The only thing I can add is that it only does it after it's well warmed up (10-15 minutes of hill climb) and it's definitely less noticeable at 35 degrees (this morning) compared to 95 degrees (last month).

It sounds like the most likely explanation is that it's just normal sound of the slop in the gears since several people said theirs always did it and it's not a problem.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions. I shot a video with the noise starting at about 22 seconds and then again at 43 seconds but it's really hard to hear with the wind. Maybe some trained ears ;-)

I tried the emergency brake suggestion and it doesn't seem to be the back brakes. The only thing I can add is that it only does it after it's well warmed up (10-15 minutes of hill climb) and it's definitely less noticeable at 35 degrees (this morning) compared to 95 degrees (last month).

It sounds like the most likely explanation is that it's just normal sound of the slop in the gears since several people said theirs always did it and it's not a problem.

I can’t really hear it but you got some nice scenery to ride around and check out. Awesome 😎

Reactions: 03mossy and Isaiah
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't watch the video, but I just remembered that alot of early 700 owners would upgrade their diff oil to a little thicker synthetic blend gear lube. Many thought it helped.

Reactions: gch1911 and Isaiah
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Welcome, I think Honda engineered that in to attract RZR owners. Lol. Just kidding I hope you figure it out and congrats on the house and Pioneer.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!