P1000 Got her home, I'm impressed!

cows4milk

cows4milk

Jun 4, 2016
NW Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was able to run to the dealer in town today and pick up my long-awaited Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. Got home and grabbed my dad and youngest son and we spent an hour checking crops and cruising in the Pioneer - so far I am very impressed.
It drives like a car - shifts are smooth, it's quiet enough to have a conversation and very nice ride across some rough ground. I noticed the heat from below the seat but honestly with the climate I live in 95% of the time extra heat is a nice addition.

I had a crew pouring footings for a barn addition today so had to park my new toy, then I spent the evening harvesting alfalfa. My wife got the itch to go for a ride so she and my older son took three young neighbor boys out for a tour.

Thumbs up from everyone so far. At this rate I should need my first service before the weekend is over lol.
A few pics of today's adventures attached

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's a great story! I'm so glad that you have bought a Honda when you are happy with it.

The new pioneer 1000 will get smoother and quieter and shift better with the more miles you put on it. It's all uphill from here, congratulations!

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Believe it or not, you haven't been really impressed yet. Wait til you get it in an impossible situation (either accident or on purpose), and that puppy pulls out of there without breaking a sweat. It will happen.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!