P700 Got the windshield on

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
After I finished I noticed one of the 6mm locking nuts on the top left hinge was missing & the one next to it was loose. I tightened it up & I'll get with honda tomorrow for the missing one.
IMG 0759

Here's the finished product. It seems like I got it on tight enough but the 'V' on the upper doesn't quite contact the lip on the lower. 1/4" gap but I'll play with it little more.

IMG 0761

Reactions: swsebek
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to adjust mine up and down to make the lips line up with each other. When I was happy with the results I took a paint marker and put a line on the roll bar where the clamp sits so when I remove and reinstall it, I know where to put it. Looking good.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After I finished I noticed one of the 6mm locking nuts on the top left hinge was missing & the one next to it was loose. I tightened it up & I'll get with honda tomorrow for the missing one.
View attachment 31318

Here's the finished product. It seems like I got it on tight enough but the 'V' on the upper doesn't quite contact the lip on the lower. 1/4" gap but I'll play with it little more.

View attachment 31319
Looks good! I had the same problem. My lower was so close to the top but not quite touching. I discovered that you can push the weather stripping on the lower windshield up a little and make it touch. That fixed mine.

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had to adjust mine up and down to make the lips line up with each other. When I was happy with the results I took a paint marker and put a line on the roll bar where the clamp sits so when I remove and reinstall it, I know where to put it. Looking good.
I gotcha...so the lip doesn't have to touch in the deepest part of the 'V', just somewhere along the top or bottom edge of it?

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gotcha...so the lip doesn't have to touch in the deepest part of the 'V', just somewhere along the top or bottom edge of it?
That's my understanding. Just to stop wind. I thought it was suppose to meet like in the instructions picture but when you bolt it to your dash, I don't see how that's possible. I could be wrong and there are much smarter people on here that may be able to help but I'm happy with mine.

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks good! I had the same problem. My lower was so close to the top but not quite touching. I discovered that you can push the weather stripping on the lower windshield up a little and make it touch. That fixed mine.
Thanks for the tip. My weather stripping was really wavy out of the box so I pushed it all the way down on the lower. Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine doesn't seal for $hit and I've adjusted til I'm blue in the face. Another thing that really ticks me off - if you ride in the rain the 2 screws in the center of the windshield let water run in like a hose - it runs down the dash and all over my right foot. Copious amounts of duct tape applied in a shingle type manner will help.

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's odd. Mine actually tighten up the weather stripping by the dash mount.
IMG 0440
Also, this is what I meant by push the weather stripping up.
IMG 0441

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!