Government money-What ya gonna do with it?

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im putting mine towards Tacks and @tr005 is going to put his towards it so its paid in full!šŸ¤£ JK inside joke.
seriously, probably put it in savings and buy some stocks. I lost some good ones during this china crap so Im gonna get some back
You put yours towards tracks and Iā€™ll use mine to buy beer and help you put them on. Lol. Help/watch you know.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Never trust the government to give me anything without strings attached. I probably just not cash it if I were to get a check.

Reactions: Mudwing and tr005
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Never trust the government to give me anything without strings attached. I probably just not cash it if I were to get a check.
You probably donā€™t qualify. But you can get you a forgivable SBL........šŸ¤£

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm going to buy more stocks. like really people the market is down now is the time to buy!!!!

What do you see as the metrics that will drive the market higher in the foreseeable future beside the Feds pixie dust?

Companies taking Gov money wonā€™t be doing stock buybacks
Dividends are being suspended or eliminated. Companies wonā€™t be borrowing money from taxpayers to do dividends.
Companies are already announcing they are stopping contributions to 401k matches.
Unemployed people wonā€™t be putting money in 401ks and I suspect many will need any iIRA savings they have just to survive
The hedge funds that were using insane leverage (10-50x)that have taken huge losses most likely wonā€™t be doing that any time soon.
With the numbers the Fed is tossing around on unemployment (30%) and huge hits to GDP, Iā€™m just not sure what will drive the market up since all the above were the reasons driving the market into the bubble that just popped.

IMHO, we will be lucky to retain the Reserve Currency status after this print fest. In the 50+ times it has been tried in history, it has never worked a single time.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Thereā€™s always FREE cheese šŸ§€ in a mouse šŸ trap!

So hereā€™s whatā€™s up:
1. To Tenants: If the government says you donā€™t have to pay your rent and thereā€™s a ban on evictions, you better do whatever you can to pay your rent. There will be major repercussions when evictions bans are lifted. Donā€™t think youā€™ll get a free ride out of this. PAY YOUR RENT! Your landlord has bills to pay too.
2. To Homeowners: If the government tells banks to stop mortgage payments, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO PAY YOUR MORTGAGE!. Some lenders are saying you donā€™t have to pay for 3 months but on the 4th month, all four payments are due in full. Do not take a chance and not pay. Major foreclosures will come from all this. The banks didnā€™t help homeowners in 2008-09 and in 2020, itā€™s still the same. Pay your mortgage.
3. If the utility company suspends payments, you.better. PAY. ANY. AMOUNT. YOU . CAN! They are like banks, they will want their money eventually and when all this clears up, youā€™ll owe an exuberant bill and still wonā€™t have any utilities. Pay whatever you can.
4. If you get a government stimulus check, this check is to help pay your bills. That means you pay your rent, your mortgage, your utilities, your insurance, your car payment, y.o.u.r. b.i.l.l.s. This is not for frivolous spending.
5. The real problem is, many who will get the stimulus check....you wonā€™t pay your bills then be crying and wailing saying
ā€œThey evicted me. They cut off my power, they repossessed my car...ā€
All while youā€™re broke and carrying that empty purse you bought with your stimulus check.
(Copied from a friend.)
Right!! Its not a free for all people think and spend wisely!šŸ‘

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thereā€™s always FREE cheese šŸ§€ in a mouse šŸ trap!

So hereā€™s whatā€™s up:
1. To Tenants: If the government says you donā€™t have to pay your rent and thereā€™s a ban on evictions, you better do whatever you can to pay your rent. There will be major repercussions when evictions bans are lifted. Donā€™t think youā€™ll get a free ride out of this. PAY YOUR RENT! Your landlord has bills to pay too.
2. To Homeowners: If the government tells banks to stop mortgage payments, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO PAY YOUR MORTGAGE!. Some lenders are saying you donā€™t have to pay for 3 months but on the 4th month, all four payments are due in full. Do not take a chance and not pay. Major foreclosures will come from all this. The banks didnā€™t help homeowners in 2008-09 and in 2020, itā€™s still the same. Pay your mortgage.
3. If the utility company suspends payments, you.better. PAY. ANY. AMOUNT. YOU . CAN! They are like banks, they will want their money eventually and when all this clears up, youā€™ll owe an exuberant bill and still wonā€™t have any utilities. Pay whatever you can.
4. If you get a government stimulus check, this check is to help pay your bills. That means you pay your rent, your mortgage, your utilities, your insurance, your car payment, y.o.u.r. b.i.l.l.s. This is not for frivolous spending.
5. The real problem is, many who will get the stimulus check....you wonā€™t pay your bills then be crying and wailing saying
ā€œThey evicted me. They cut off my power, they repossessed my car...ā€
All while youā€™re broke and carrying that empty purse you bought with your stimulus check.
(Copied from a friend.)
Right!! Its not a free for all people think and spend wisely!šŸ‘
Yep, totally agreed, and thereā€™s also confusion about the rules, and you cannot open the governments house.gov website to see the FAQā€™s about the CARES act passed last week...šŸ™„

KEY POINTS
  • The coronavirus relief law ā€“ or CARES Act ā€“ allows affected borrowers with federally backed mortgages to request a payment reprieve of up to 12 months.
  • States have partnered with lenders to offer similar programs on mortgages, waiving up to 90 days of payments.
  • Payments waived or delayed could come back to haunt you, and there could be other surprise repercussions.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Foolish to think we or our kids won't pay this back.
Probably wonā€™t. If you havenā€™t noticed, the national debt just continues to grow. The last time it was paid down was Truman, and the last time (only time) it was paid off was around 1830 by Andrew Jackson.

And the 2.2 trillion passed last week was just the beginning for this round of crisis. The treasury secretary was already back to congress today asking for more. We could end up adding 5-6 trillion to the ND before this is all over.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!