Government money-What ya gonna do with it?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Give it back to the gov in the form of theft. Taxation is theft after all.....Use it to pay my taxes for all ye numbskulls......

J

JTW

So, y’all know it’s prolly not a “freeby”... most likely it will be more of a loan that you’ll payback down the road from your tax returns. I don’t get returns so I’ll forego taking it so I don’t have to pay more in a year or two. As a “stimulus” it’s just forcing you to spend your money. Now, if it’s not setup as a debt that has to be paid back... then I guess I’ll take it. As it’s only a small portion of the National debt added to the amount we each will owe the government for their “stimulus”!!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

Your Guide To The Federal Stimulus Package - Forbes
www.forbes.com › sites › advisor › 2020/03/27 › your-guide-to-the-f...

3 days ago - Congress has agreed to a $2 trillion plud COVID-19 stimulus relief package, which has just ... Technically, the checks are a 2020 tax credit

This ^^^^^^^^^

This basically amounts to an advance on your next years tax refund....if you get one. You will pay it back eventually one way or another, most likely all of us will pay it back plus a portion of the freeloaders advance that don't pay taxes already. Whatever I get is just going into the savings account, at least I can make a little interest off it until it's time to give it back.

J

JTW

Your Guide To The Federal Stimulus Package - Forbes
www.forbes.com › sites › advisor › 2020/03/27 › your-guide-to-the-f...

3 days ago - Congress has agreed to a $2 trillion plud COVID-19 stimulus relief package, which has just ... Technically, the checks are a 2020 tax credit

This ^^^^^^^^^

This basically amounts to an advance on your next years tax refund....if you get one. You will pay it back eventually one way or another, most likely all of us will pay it back plus a portion of the freeloaders advance that don't pay taxes already. Whatever I get is just going into the savings account, at least I can make a little interest off it until it's time to give it back.
That’s what I suspected...

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Screenshot 20200330 221321 Chrome

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Straight into the college loan debt for me...personally. I'm buried. Grad school was a bad idea.

But...we're always down for some "stimulation" ;) ;) ....so I'll wheel and deal for you fellers, if you feel like making it rain on a little ol' family business supporting a bunch of folks in our little town of Madison, Indiana! :p:cool:

Afterthought...I'd really like a new guitar. Maybe a Fender Strat. Or a new "old" banjo. We'll see...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Straight into the college loan debt for me...personally. I'm buried. Grad school was a bad idea.

But...we're always down for some "stimulation" ;) ;) ....so I'll wheel and deal for you fellers, if you feel like making it rain on a little ol' family business supporting a bunch of folks in our little town of Madison, Indiana! :p:cool:

Afterthought...I'd really like a new guitar. Maybe a Fender Strat. Or a new "old" banjo. We'll see...
Banjo would be cool. Hope you can sing! You'll have to come to the next takeover and show us what ya learned!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Another year or two and we may all be kicking ourselves for not buying bitcoin before the US dollar became worthless...
I mean I would, but know literally nothing about it. If you’re researching, please share your findings when you’ve got anything....👍

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I mean I would, but know literally nothing about it. If you’re researching, please share your findings when you’ve got anything....👍

Well I know a little... When we started hearing about it, I think it was really misunderstood. A lot of people were "investing" in it to make money, but that's not really the point. My understanding of Bitcoin is that it is currency that has nothing to do with the Fed or the government. So, similar to bartering, it's a means of making purchases without taxation, etc. So it is surely used in the black market, but so is green cash. I haven't done my own taxes in a few years, but I heard that the IRS now asks if you made transactions in bitcoin and wants you to disclose that. I'm sure everyone tells them exactly how much they did, LOL.

I don't own any bitcoin, so I can't explain the methods of acquiring it. You can actually "mine" for bitcoin. You just need powerful computers that work all the time and they somehow decode it.... I don't fully understand that. There are lots of online communities out there about it. Keybase is one place to look. Reddit probably. It's a rabbit hole...

If the dollar goes poop, owning bitcoin could be a hedge. But you might have a hard time buying a gallon of milk with it at this point.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Wont get any as i am still working and above the cut off, so i will be helping pay for it. No such thing as Government money, they do not have any money unless they take it from someone or borrow it, neither a good thing. That being said this COVID has really crippled the economy and the Government is who shut it down for our safety so it is deserved and I hope it helps people make it through. However working from home is really helping stimulate the economy as i have way too much time to online shop.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!