Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can you tell me how I know what version I have on my tablet? I haven't done any updates as of yet. Just would like to know which ones I need to do.
Also will the app work if the files are stored on the SD card ? I have added a 126GB card.

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can you tell me how I know what version I have on my tablet? I haven't done any updates as of yet. Just would like to know which ones I need to do.
Also will the app work if the files are stored on the SD card ? I have added a 126GB card.

No to the SD card. To see which update you have, check the file number of the KMZ in the Downloads folder

Reactions: Tramguage1
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there anyway to do the updates strictly from the tablet?
Excellent question. I've been wondering the same thing too. Also I have another tablet that I want the maps downloaded on, am I going to need 2 accounts or can I use one account for both tablets?

Reactions: JTW
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I know the color codes are not universal, but is there a general guide for the color codes for trails? I swear I saw a post on the website about color codes but cannot fed it for the life of me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know the color codes are not universal, but is there a general guide for the color codes for trails? I swear I saw a post on the website about color codes but cannot fed it for the life of me.

I used one of the paper maps they give out at RRB with levels of difficulty to compare to the tablet map when I was following a trail. The paper map has patterns to show the difficulty levels and the tablet has colors. Even though the maps aren't really color coded as to difficulty they are very close. For example I noticed that the green and yellow trails were the easiest and were also marked as easy trails on the paper map. Chris at lifetime trail maps said that they are working on color coding difficulty levels.

J

JTW

I used one of the paper maps they give out at RRB with levels of difficulty to compare to the tablet map when I was following a trail. The paper map has patterns to show the difficulty levels and the tablet has colors. Even though the maps aren't really color coded as to difficulty they are very close. For example I noticed that the green and yellow trails were the easiest and were also marked as easy trails on the paper map. Chris at lifetime trail maps said that they are working on color coding difficulty levels.
I think that’s been fixed on one of the updates..

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Lifetime-Trailmaps

Mar 27, 2018
Dalton, GA
www.lifetimetrailmaps.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

There is a color legend in the MEMBERS ONLY section of our website.

J

JTW

It sure would be nice to be able to up date the tablets without hooking it up to a computer.
Agreed.. I’m not interested in paying $20 for every auto update as was suggested but being able to update from my tablet would be perfectly fine!

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!