P1000 GPS

bigr244

bigr244

Mar 23, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500
What model are you running for VVMapping? Waterproof?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a whole bunch of extra tablets and phones. Are you saying if it's got an SD slot I can just put the vvmapping in there?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sorry I did not catch you were specifically asking about VVmaping - that I don't know about

Gumby

Gumby

Mar 9, 2018
Freedom, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running a Nuvi 205w that was sitting in my wife's glove compartment for years. I bought the RAM enclosure for it and though it isn't waterproof, I've had zero issues. I've been running it for 4 years with no issues. A lot of those years are having it mounted to my 450r with zero protection from the elements.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Does it show all the pig trails?

Gumby

Gumby

Mar 9, 2018
Freedom, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pig Trails? I'm assuming that's a regional thing.

VVMapping is a company out of Michigan that creates gpx files that are programmed to lay over the top of Garmin's build in road files. You upload their map to your GPS. Fantastic product that is reasonably priced, works fantastic, and is made by a company that RIDES. These guys started this company because they wanted something for themselves to use.

Great Lakes ORV Trails (MI, MN, WI, IN) GPS Maps

Appalachia ORV Trails (WV, KY, VA, TN, OH, NC, SC) GPS Maps

http://www.vvmapping.com/

Reactions: russknight
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Where I live in North Florida, there are literally hundreds of miles of un-named dirt roads (pig trails). Just wondering if they would be shown.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang the Garmin overlander looks like something I'll have to add to my wish list. I currently only use my cell phone for maps but would rather have something permanent in the pioneer.

Reactions: russknight
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Dang the Garmin overlander looks like something I'll have to add to my wish list. I currently only use my cell phone for maps but would rather have something permanent in the pioneer.

I'd read that review before I bought one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!