P1000 GPS

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone use the Gaia gps app? I have downloaded it and planning on loading the azpt apps in there. Has anyone done the azpt?

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve used Gaia for years on my phone for hunting, great app. If you have car play you can also use it in your vehicle. What is the azpt?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone use the Gaia gps app? I have downloaded it and planning on loading the azpt apps in there. Has anyone done the azpt?
Gaia is a favorite among many, I've downloaded it but the season ended so I haven't used it. @Lil_Steve
I’ve used Gaia for years on my phone for hunting, great app. If you have car play you can also use it in your vehicle. What is the azpt?
Arizona Peace Trail, a giant loop through AZ.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

I don't use Gaia, I use Locus Pro on my phone or tablet. Locus Pro isn't the most user friendly software but since it's what my buddy (he creates nearly all of our routes) uses, I've been trying to get familiar with it so I can follow along if we separate.

I bought the AZPT atlas and have attempted to do the southern section twice, the first time my buddy had mechanical issues and the second time I got 5 flats! We'll be attempting it again (just the southern part) in about a week and a half.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are going to do kingman to Salome to Yuma to quartzite to havasu then back to kingman.

do you know if you do need a license plate to drive in for fuel and stay at hotels?

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
We are going to do kingman to Salome to Yuma to quartzite to havasu then back to kingman.

do you know if you do need a license plate to drive in for fuel and stay at hotels?

Since UTV's can be plated for street legal use here in AZ, I'm not really too knowledgeable on non-plated restrictions. This is probably a good place to start... Off-Highway Vehicle Program | Arizona State Parks

Reactions: Shelly and CID
Sweetroll

Sweetroll

Oct 12, 2016
Boise, ID
www.mh-solutions.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve used Gaia for a few years now too with good results. The sharing feature is pretty sweet for hunting or riding and it’s cheaper than other full feature apps like OnX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve used Gaia for a few years now too with good results. The sharing feature is pretty sweet for hunting or riding and it’s cheaper than other full feature apps like OnX.

Gaia premium is a full feature app with everything OnX has, just 60% cheaper then OnX.

Reactions: CID
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If you're licensed in your home state for highway use no you are good to go. If not and you get on a public road of any kind yes and if you ride through a forest including sand dunes you'll need the OHV sticker (that one you need even if you're licensed and just visiting, you also have to be insured and street legal.
None of it cost much! Make sure when registering you tell them you'll be riding primary forest, secondary highway.

advertisement
S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another quick question for you Arizona guys... I have a couple of guys coming with us that will be driving their street legal Jeeps. What sticker do they need?

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Gaia premium is a full feature app with everything OnX has, just 60% cheaper then OnX.

On-X has a new app called On X Off-road. It’s about $30 yearly for all US. Transfered my trails and routes from my hunt app over.

Reactions: colin215213

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!