P1000 GPS equipment and asset tracker

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, just wondering what the general consensus is regarding hidden gps tracking devices to recover a stolen P1K. In my area, these types of machines are stolen on a daily basis even if the keys are removed and it is locked in a metallic shop that is surrounded by a locked fence! There are so many tracking devices out on the market now, it's hard to decide so I figured I'd see what the club has to say. If you have one, please let us know a few facts about it such as:
Brand and model
monthly fees if applicable
robustness (able to withstand vibration, dirt, moisture etc)
phone app (auto notifications through text if machine moves etc)
battery life
rechargeable or replaceable batteries
12V hardwired into machine
what you like and don't like about it.
any other pertinent info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!!!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, just wondering what the general consensus is regarding hidden gps tracking devices to recover a stolen P1K. In my area, these types of machines are stolen on a daily basis even if the keys are removed and it is locked in a metallic shop that is surrounded by a locked fence! There are so many tracking devices out on the market now, it's hard to decide so I figured I'd see what the club has to say. If you have one, please let us know a few facts about it such as:
Brand and model
battery life
Dadgum ...... what part of the state you live in ....... 9th ward in Orleans Parish ...... lol?

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
There have been some lengthy posts regarding this and a search would probably help you the most.
I remember some popular ideas. Most were items for cars that would also work on your SXS

* hill billy brake with a lock
* wheel lock (amazon under $100)
* the club
*mother-in-law chained to the bumper
* a motion alarm with a siren

good luck, sounds like you have some bold thieves in your area. Extra insurance might be your best, 2nd level of security.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Brand and model
battery life
Wow!!! I knew times were hard in parts of our state but dang.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio and BigOL3

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There have been some lengthy posts regarding this and a search would probably help you the most.
I remember some popular ideas. Most were items for cars that would also work on your SXS

* the club

good luck, sounds like you have some bold thieves in your area. Extra insurance might be your best, 2nd level of security.
Oh, I do have insurance! But I'd like to find out where the machine is so I can pay 'em a little surprise visit. (Properly armed with several buddies also properly armed of course).
Edited after two minutes...Nah. I'm typing like a keyboard warrior. But I'd have the police pay 'em a visit.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

* the club

Also, I do appreciate all of your suggestions, but if they want it bad enough, they'll get it! So I feel like a hidden tracking device is my best way of being alerted as soon as it moves and giving location info to the sheriff's office. I'll search this site on the subject, thanks!

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rzr tracker is what Delton and I and others have. Excellent little device for not a terrible price. Go to their website and it'll explain everything easier than I can. I do not have the bump sensor turned on with mine, but I get notifications every 15 minutes if it's moving with exact location and speed. You can log in and ping it at anytime. It also monitors battery voltage.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Rzr tracker is what Delton and I and others have. Excellent little device for not a terrible price. Go to their website and it'll explain everything easier than I can. I do not have the bump sensor turned on with mine, but I get notifications every 15 minutes if it's moving with exact location and speed. You can log in and ping it at anytime. It also monitors battery voltage.
I'm not finding a website for Rzr Tracker

EDIT: I finally found them but for whatever reason the searches were reluctant to give me their website.

Last edited:
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really should turn mine down. It's annoying sometimes when wind blows and i get 10 alerts lmao. But on other hand when it tells me it's exactly where it should be I get a warm fuzzy feeling lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!