2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is more of a question on my build. I rode all day in 90 degree heat and did not find the heat through the seat to be that bad but I did notice it. Back in the Goldwing days I always used a natural sheep skin seat cover to keep thengs cool and provide a little more cushion. Has anyone tried this on the Pioneer? I am strongly considering it.

Reactions: Rick53
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a 2 foot by 5 foot sheep skin to cut and install on the seat. I will let you know how it works out.

Reactions: Rick53 and Isaiah
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This Tamarack ATV box has been sitting at my friends repair shop for years. I measured it and it is a perfect to sit in the back of my pioneer 5 when the back seats are being used. I will probably only use it when hauling 4+ passengers but nice to be able to bring everything along when needed. I added handles that also act as turnbuckle hold down points.
IMG 1966

Reactions: dnjones161
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Merino wool seat cover for the seat bottom. $124 from amazon. I had to trim just a little but was able to slip it under the 2 top straps and get it firmly positioned. It should be much cooler in the heat. I also added some thermal dynamat to the bottom of the seat cushion.
IMG 1994

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased the SXS glass window for winter riding. I installed a couple of artic cat flat wind shield vents in area above the glass so I can keep enough air flowing to prevent the dust vortex. I have had this window on rzrs and did about the same thing with good results. Will keep it IMG 2815 IMG 2816 IMG 2821 IMG 2827 warm in the winter and yet still let plenty of air in the summer to stay cool be almost dust free. Artic cat sends a template with the vents and all the hardware. Just need to drill 6 -1/4 inch holes and cut the opening for the vent. These will work with a poly windshield also. Since I am not going to run wipers I used the existing wiper arm hole for the center of the vent.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Merino wool seat cover for the seat bottom. $124 from amazon. I had to trim just a little but was able to slip it under the 2 top straps and get it firmly positioned. It should be much cooler in the heat. I also added some thermal dynamat to the bottom of the seat cushion. View attachment 145777
Looks kinky! HA! You have a full windshield or full enclosure, I would be concerned about dirt and rain? I like the fan under the seat, cooler in the summer and heat in the winter?

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to show the installed picture of my glass windshield with extra artic cat vents. So far I get plenty of air or I can shut them down and stay warm. I used some thin foam strips between the windshield and window to prevent squeeks.
IMG 3062
I also attached the rear veiw mirror to the window so it would be out of the passenger area more.

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everything has been working well. I decided not to take off the windshield on the last 600 mile trip home. Turns out leaving the windshield on the pioneer cost me about 2 mpg shile towing it home. The full windshield came with clamps that made it a hour long project to take off the windshield. I ordered some quick clamps from EMP and used 4 of them. Now I just have to unscrew 4 thubscrews and only takes a minute to remove the windshield. Will post pictures soon.

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
windshield clamp updates. The EMP clamp on the left replaces original clamps. Two on top and two on the sides very secure. I used a thin strip of weather strip between rollbar and windshield to prevent rattles. Clamps stay on the rollbar when thumbscrews are removed.

IMG 4099 IMG 4097 IMG 4100

Reactions: BWAF
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see that I forgot to show my modification for the Honda low windshield for warm weather riding. This adds enough air flow to stop the dust vortex and yet keep the wind out of blasting your face. Notice the modified center support made out of aluminum that attaches to the original Honda support.
IMG 1670

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!