P1000 Grease Zerts on 2023 1000-6??? I found a couple…

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So I have not been on here in a while and haven’t even had time to use the 1000-6. Just been so busy with work and life. My wife however has been using it and has complained about a squeak in the wheel area. I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything regarding grease points. Found a couple threads that state there are none. Well I made it home this weekend and crawled under there and found 1 on each side pictured here. Anyone see these or grease them yet? Nothing in the manual mentions these either.

DD4232EF D129 4ADA BC8F 9FAAB97A575F

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hondas do not have any grease zerts at all.

I going to assume you are joking.
I pray you have not greesed those.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Lol I wasn’t joking they look like zerts to me but I did NOT grease. Was unsure so that’s why I posted. Glad I did because I didn’t know. Any thoughts on what to do or what the squeak could be coming from? Any remedy?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How many miles on the machine? Could be the brake pad squealers doing their job and letting you know they are worn down and need replacement before destroying the rotors.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So I have not been on here in a while and haven’t even had time to use the 1000-6. Just been so busy with work and life. My wife however has been using it and has complained about a squeak in the wheel area. I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything regarding grease points. Found a couple threads that state there are none. Well I made it home this weekend and crawled under there and found 1 on each side pictured here. Anyone see these or grease them yet? Nothing in the manual mentions these either.

View attachment 408563
Anyways.
This is the brake line bleed port just so you know.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the information. Any idea on some solutions for the brake squeaking issue?
In my admittedly limited experience, clean the mud out from the caliper and behind the pads.
It requires pulling the pads out as if you where changing them, clean and reassemble.
Works great for half a day or so.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In my admittedly limited experience, clean the mud out from the caliper and behind the pads.
It requires pulling the pads out as if you where changing them, clean and reassemble.
Works great for half a day or so.
☝️☝️☝️☝️THIS!!!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the information. Any idea on some solutions for the brake squeaking issue?
If it is the pads squeeling, they make a product to squirt on the BACK of the pad, against the piston.Most Auto Parts places sell it and it reduces the tiny vibrations in the pads that create noise. It is similar to a very thick grease but it adheres to the pad. You apply it, let in dry, then reinstall the pads. I just looked and they make it in a spray on formula now.
IMG 1152

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And had it been a REAL grease zerk, it would have been craftily located behind something as to make it dang near impossible to get a grease gun coupling on it. It's one of those engineering and design rules.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And had it been a REAL grease zerk, it would have been craftily located behind something as to make it dang near impossible to get a grease gun coupling on it. It's one of those engineering and design rules.
Yup every time!

S

Slybry

Oct 21, 2022
Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any solutions to the squeaks ? I have a 2022 1000-5 forest with ~100 miles and it’s not the brakes squeaking.

Reactions: Backwoods
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Not sure if mine is the brakes either. Have done a few hard brakes and still an issue. Not the end of the world just a little annoying.

Reactions: Slybry

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!