P500 Great Day Sporting Clays Rack and RTIC Cooler

L

lazypengu1n

May 15, 2021
Live Free or Die
Ownership

1. 520
I went with the Great Day Sporting Clays Rack - QD804SC - because it was all aluminum. Originally I was hoping to be able to use the AnyGuide Honda Pro Connect anchor but it would appear the way the bed is molded that these are not usable.

I found the best spot to line up the rack was right at the edge of the Honda Pro connect slot. This ensured that the bracket was sitting evenly against the bed.

Rack A

Now the other hole in the bracket was where the next Honda Pro Connect hole was so I was not able to use it. A quick measure and I decided to go 5" from the edge of the bracket. I didn't take any photos on the right side with the second lag screw but here is the left side and an upside down photo to show the measurement.

Rack C

Rack D

My Nitro Trailer has an opening of 74-1/4" and the Pioneer 520 measures approx. 72". The rack as it came is is approx 75" tall and this would not work to load into my trailer. I also wanted to be able to have my RTIC 45Q cooler be accessible. I ended up taking about 15-1/4" off the cross bars and redrilling the holes to get the correct width I needed to open the cooler without any firearms on the rack and reduce the height of the rack to approx. 72-1/2". With firearms in the rack, I can still open the cooler 1/2 way and get into the cooler.

Rack B

The RTIC cooler has some straps and anchors that can be added. I ended up going 8" from the back of the bed to the first hole in the anchor in the first groove on each side of the bed. This allowed me to fully open the cooler up against the rear v bars of the cage.

Rack F

Here is a photo of the bed closed.

Rack E

Here is a photo of the side view of the rack.
Rack G

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!