Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got a new 2020 1000-3 a couple days ago. I'm new to the sxs world. My wife was actually the one that wanted to get rid of the Polaris sportsman 570 and get a SxS. Who am I to turn her down! Wish I would've found this forum before purchase. There's a wealth of good info out here. I've been reading pretty much everything I can on these forums since I got home with it. Anyway, a couple of very noobish type questions:

1 - in reading about the various issues for the Pioneer 1000 since introduction, when they issue a fix for something midyear are those fixes then incorporated automatically into the next model year? Is there anything they did to the 2021's that my 2020 would not have? I don't think so, but thought I'd ask.

2 - are there problematic areas I should be aware of that Honda has not addressed? I will be running this thing pretty lightly. Mild trails, yard work, etc. Possibly cabbing it and putting tracks on for ice fishing.

Thanks much! And now my Honda sxs v-card is gone!
Welcome from Northwest Louisiana. Enjoy your toy and don't worry about things till they happen. Have fun with all the cool things you can add and don't forget to tip your bartender.

#NTC

A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Rockford MN, Rod. I too got mine from Motoplex Sioux Falls due to costs. I bought mine about 2 months ago and only have 26 miles on it. Like you, I will be mainly using the SXS around the property hauling, plowing snow and on MN and WI trails. I got a red one but like the ARMY green as well but wife said no to green. So far I am enjoying it and made some needed mods that may or may not be needed for my application but I like to mod everything I have. I have OCD. HAHA.

Reactions: 906UP and Mopower58
H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
Welcome from Central IL. I recently bought a 2021 1000-5 deluxe, the cabin comfort kit was already installed which seems to help with the cab heat issues you've probably been reading about, I was thinking they started adding that in 2020. There is a wealth of knowledge on here about fixes and accessories, make sure you plan ahead not all are compatible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
welcome from everywhere.
DE3F70D2 F221 491B B272 6A853928BB0A

C

cekkk

Jan 18, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm not a fan of the accelerator positioning or its weak springing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!