P1000 Greetings from an absolute noob 1000-3 owner

H

Hotlz

Aug 22, 2020
Pelican rapids, mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got a new 2020 1000-3 a couple days ago. I'm new to the sxs world. My wife was actually the one that wanted to get rid of the Polaris sportsman 570 and get a SxS. Who am I to turn her down! Wish I would've found this forum before purchase. There's a wealth of good info out here. I've been reading pretty much everything I can on these forums since I got home with it. Anyway, a couple of very noobish type questions:

1 - in reading about the various issues for the Pioneer 1000 since introduction, when they issue a fix for something midyear are those fixes then incorporated automatically into the next model year? Is there anything they did to the 2021's that my 2020 would not have? I don't think so, but thought I'd ask.

2 - are there problematic areas I should be aware of that Honda has not addressed? I will be running this thing pretty lightly. Mild trails, yard work, etc. Possibly cabbing it and putting tracks on for ice fishing.

Thanks much! And now my Honda sxs v-card is gone!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got a new 2020 1000-3 a couple days ago. I'm new to the sxs world. My wife was actually the one that wanted to get rid of the Polaris sportsman 570 and get a SxS. Who am I to turn her down! Wish I would've found this forum before purchase. There's a wealth of good info out here. I've been reading pretty much everything I can on these forums since I got home with it. Anyway, a couple of very noobish type questions:

1 - in reading about the various issues for the Pioneer 1000 since introduction, when they issue a fix for something midyear are those fixes then incorporated automatically into the next model year? Is there anything they did to the 2021's that my 2020 would not have? I don't think so, but thought I'd ask.

2 - are there problematic areas I should be aware of that Honda has not addressed? I will be running this thing pretty lightly. Mild trails, yard work, etc. Possibly cabbing it and putting tracks on for ice fishing.

Welcome from Canton, OH.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Red is the fastest color.

#NTC

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a 2016 P1K-3 that has been great. Normally recalls and updates are normally done as sold or produced. Heat in the passenger cab seems to be the biggest complaint.
I agree the heat, I've tried several things, heat insulation, it helped some, but the real fix was the fan under the seat for Summer on a manual switch, so I can have the heat in the Winter.

Reactions: JenElio
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

WELCOME from NW Arkansas! I would love to go ice fishing, never been.

advertisement
H

Hotlz

Aug 22, 2020
Pelican rapids, mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey all. I hail from NW Minnesota.

Pretty basic. The only color I had available to me was green. Blue and red would have been my preference, but oh well. Very hard for me to find one of these things anywhere close to me. Drove 3 1/2 hrs to get this one in Sioux Falls, SD. And it was $2500 cheaper than what my local dealers would sell me one for in Nov when they finally get one in.

Only got a winch on it for now. Looking at a full cab and doors from Alumilite. We shall see.

Rod

H

Hotlz

Aug 22, 2020
Pelican rapids, mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Forgot the Pic....

20200825 211358

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all. I hail from NW Minnesota.

Pretty basic. The only color I had available to me was green. Blue and red would have been my preference, but oh well. Very hard for me to find one of these things anywhere close to me. Drove 3 1/2 hrs to get this one in Sioux Falls, SD. And it was $2500 cheaper than what my local dealers would sell me one for in Nov when they finally get one in.

Only got a winch on it for now. Looking at a full cab and doors from Alumilite. We shall see.

Rod
The market on pretty much anything outdoors has gone nuts this year.

The rumor is green ones go deeper so at least you have that and it's a Honda going for you. You're practically unstoppable at this point.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

Welcome from da 906!!!

#1, the short answer is NO, these have pretty much stayed unchanged aside from a few updates since they were launched.

#2, as others have mentioned, heat in the cab, this is a common complaint regardless of the brand. Also, if youre using it lightly at slow speeds get in the habit of using low range. The clutches don't like to be slipped.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from da 906!!!

#1, the short answer is NO, these have pretty much stayed unchanged aside from a few updates since they were launched.

#2, as others have mentioned, heat in the cab, this is a common complaint regardless of the brand. Also, if youre using it lightly at slow speeds get in the habit of using low range. The clutches don't like to be slipped.
^^^^^This is important^^^^^ The only other thing to add is make sure to give it plenty of pedal in reverse if your backing up a hill.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!