P1000m5 Greetings from central PA

ArnoldDrums

ArnoldDrums

Sep 8, 2016
Colyer Lake (State College), PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im Steve....damn glad to be here!

New Pioneer 1000-5D owner and so far so good....sort of.

My girlfriend and I purchased an awesome a-frame on the the side of a mountain with 6+ steep acres. We needed a sxs for utility, (and most importantly) plowing snow and the ability to make it up our long driveway if ice gets too bad on occasion. Recreational/fun riding is secondary, but also an important component in choosing the Honda. We first purchased a 2008 Polaris XP 700 from a friend. It was instantly trouble and after sinking $2k into it and knowing it was going to need another $800 soon we decided to cut our losses and look for a RELIABLE new sxs. Ive always loved and owned Honda cars and I like the innovation of the pioneer and Hondas reputation for quality and longevity. After lots of research and test drives we pulled the trigger.

Im relatively new to the sxs ownership, but have grown up 4-wheeling in the several Toyota 4Runners and truck Ive owned. Ive read lots of great information here so far and this site was helpul at arriving at a decision to go with the pioneer. I look forward to learning more and being of help when I can.

Only bummer about the P1K is the tires Ive read so much about. We cut a sidewall not 10 minutes into our first trail ride last weekend. So bummed. Im replacing them all with Blackwater Evos going with 28 all around, 10 front and keeping with the 11 rear. They arrive tomorrow.

Upgrades:
  • split front windshield
  • roof
  • winch and plow
  • rubber bed mat
Hoping to add lights before winter for plowing in the dark. Possibly soft front door and the mid hard shield if its too darn cold - haha.

Buggy

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum!! Die hard Evo fan here. They are awesome all around tires and you'll have a hard time cutting that sidewall lol. I use my 4ply Bighorns for street riding lol

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Great view! Welcome to the club,I'm about 20 mins south of you.

Reactions: ArnoldDrums
GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome, sounds like you'll get plenty of great use out of it!

Reactions: ArnoldDrums

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!