Ground locations

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
1000r non live valve. Have some weird electrical things going on, want to start by checking all of the ground to frame connections. I see the ones on the left side of the engine and in front of the left rear tire, but i am sure there must be others. Would hope to not miss one. Anything associated with the charging system (stator, regulator/rectifier) is of particular intrest. Where to look?

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi, Dan - under the driver's seat - (this is linked in my sig for the curious)

H

HondaTech

1000r non live valve. Have some weird electrical things going on, want to start by checking all of the ground to frame connections. I see the ones on the left side of the engine and in front of the left rear tire, but i am sure there must be others. Would hope to not miss one. Anything associated with the charging system (stator, regulator/rectifier) is of particular intrest. Where to look?
What sort of issues are you having?

Reactions: Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
You mention stuff being in your signature all the time but I've never seen a post of yours that ends with a sig line....... What am I missing?
I can see sigs on my desktop and iPad. I think you can switch them off and on in Preferences. @Hondasxs ?

I’m not not sure about cell phones? Can you see other people‘s sigs?

The link I’m always referencing -

Last edited:
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
What sort of issues are you having?
Engine running radio receives well, transmits nothing but static. Engine off, no problems. Installed two inline filters in the power line, no joy. Sent everything to pci, they found no equipment problems. Installation was inspected by three knowledgeable people, no problems found. Disconnect radio from the talon battery and connect to a seperate battery, no static with the engine running. Currently i believe i have a less than satisfactory rectifier/voltage regulator or stator that is putting "dirty" power into the battery system that the filters cannot overcome. Looking at all possible grounds first before i proceed with a voltage regulator. Probably not going to get into the stator. This system worked well on my previous talon. Have no access to a oscilloscope so i am not aware of a way to know whats being put into the battery. Any advice would be most welcome

• Sad
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Any screen width under 480 turns them off. This includes most phones.
Turn your phone sideways and it should show along with a few other things.
Well I learned something new today!! 🤓 🤣I had been wondering the same thing as @SLOWPOKE693.

Reactions: CID and Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!