100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw this beauty today. 1944 Japanese Type 14 Nambu.
IMG 0110

Reactions: sharp and Remington
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Like many here, I enjoy shooting and compete in USPSA, IDPA and some long range. I'm showing here one of my USPSA guns for limited, a CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange....

Cz orange

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like many here, I enjoy shooting and compete in USPSA, IDPA and some long range. I'm showing here one of my USPSA guns for limited, a CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange....

View attachment 94441
Nice Is that a 40? I was somewhat thinking CZ had 9mm - I know I would see a lot in production but not many being run in Limited class

Reactions: sharp and Remington
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Nice Is that a 40? I was somewhat thinking CZ had 9mm - I know I would see a lot in production but not many being run in Limited class
It is a 9mm and that is by design; that is, I wanted to max out what I can do with a 9mm in both alphas/time, because as you know it is points/second. At present, the alphas are where I want to be (90% range), but to improve my "speed" means I need to get into better shape (actively getting it done) and once that is complete, I will treat myself to a top slide, https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-by-model/cz-tac-sports-orange/cz-75-ts-40-s-w-top-end.html and essentially have both, :)

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is a 9mm and that is by design; that is, I wanted to max out what I can do with a 9mm in both alphas/time, because as you know it is points/second. At present, the alphas are where I want to be (90% range), but to improve my "speed" means I need to get into better shape (actively getting it done) and once that is complete, I will treat myself to a top slide, CZ 75 Tactical Sports 40 S&W Top End (Complete Upper) Factory and essentially have both, :)
I know a lot of guys gong to 9mm in limited (part of reason I asked) they have figured out accuracy for them is where they want to be and believe it or not - the cycle time being reduced using the 9mm has help them reduce some time. I think the only thing that could toss you off are the really tight targets and moving targets where it is harder to get double A's

I like the design of the CZ with the reduced slide profile - less moving mass is better. Where do you shoot at

Reactions: sharp
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I know a lot of guys gong to 9mm in limited (part of reason I asked) they have figured out accuracy for them is where they want to be and believe it or not - the cycle time being reduced using the 9mm has help them reduce some time. I think the only thing that could toss you off are the really tight targets and moving targets where it is harder to get double A's I like the design of the CZ with the reduced slide profile - less moving mass is better. Where do you shoot at

I concur, a 9mm and especially this gun is soft shooting, so making double taps, etc., is extremely pleasant. I know my limitation right now is "speed" and that has motivated me to get back into shape, which is a good thing for many reasons and look forward to next year. I actually enjoy IDPA slightly more than USPA and will be getting this CZ gun on Saturday, CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II - (CZ Custom) - CZ-USA so I'm looking forward to the weekend and practice :) I shoot in the following states routinely, IN, IL, MO and KY..

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Saw this beauty today. 1944 Japanese Type 14 Nambu.
View attachment 93820
Nice! I love old WWII weapons. Unfortunately those weren’t all that great especially later in the war. My uncle (a WWII vet) came back from fighting the Japs (politically incorrect. Who cares!) bought 2 of the jap rifles that were used to shoot at him on Sipan and Iwo Jima. He got them cheep and new in the box with Cosmolean From Field & Stream I believe . The date stamp was from 1944 he was going to sportorize them and use them for hunting. After shooting them a few times, like half dozen..the barrel split on one and the fireing mechanism Blew up on the other. All neat relics but I wouldn’t want one unless it’s from 36’-42’. Nice find you have tho.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got this for my AR at the last gun show I went to! Love it. Also got a mag pull 30 rd clip with a stamp of “liberal tears” on it. So fitting wouldn’t you say?:D
7848B7D7 D547 4D18 98C8 030ED35915BD
69816C6F D6C2 45C6 9DD6 B30779E6377A

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice! I love old WWII weapons. Unfortunately those weren’t all that great especially later in the war. My uncle (a WWII vet) came back from fighting the Japs (politically incorrect. Who cares!) bought 2 of the jap rifles that were used to shoot at him on Sipan and Iwo Jima. He got them cheep and new in the box with Cosmolean From Field & Stream I believe . The date stamp was from 1944 he was going to sportorize them and use them for hunting. After shooting them a few times, like half dozen..the barrel split on one and the fireing mechanism Blew up on the other. All neat relics but I wouldn’t want one unless it’s from 36’-42’. Nice find you have tho.
Had the same thing happen to me as a kid. A friend of the family gave my father a similar rifle to give me. I shot a lot of military “surplus” ammo my father came by. I had shoot a few rounds that day before it blew apart. I woke up a few seconds later flat on my back with the stock still in my hand but the barrel several feet away. Don’t know how it didn’t blind me. Still don’t know if it was the rifle or ammo....

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Had the same thing happen to me as a kid. A friend of the family gave my father a similar rifle to give me. I shot a lot of military “surplus” ammo my father came by. I had shoot a few rounds that day before it blew apart. I woke up a few seconds later flat on my back with the stock still in my hand but the barrel several feet away. Don’t know how it didn’t blind me. Still don’t know if it was the rifle or ammo....
It was most likely the type 38 rifle. Not bad early in the war. But a Pice of chit later on they were so bad that the surplus they had at the end of the warwere junk, there were a lot left over and sold extremely cheep. They used a lot of melted down metals to produce them and quickly thinking they could still beat us from 44-45. Absolut junk. Glad you weren’t hurt. My uncle Don wasn’t hurt neather but sure made him think twice about buying one of those again.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also in that 38 rifle and others the Japs used, they were so bad later in the war that you could site it in and a few shots later be 3”off to the left or right. They could t hit the barn if they were standing in it lol

Reactions: sharp
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Got this for my AR at the last gun show I went to! Love it. Also got a mag pull 30 rd clip with a stamp of “liberal tears” on it. So fitting wouldn’t you say?:DView attachment 94496 View attachment 94497
When you said liberal tears it reminded me of some gun oil I saw recently “liberal tears bacon scented” https://shop.tacticals***.com/liberal-tears-gun-oil-bacon-4oz

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!