1. 1000-5
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. Between that and the manual it feels like it’ll pull a building down. Power to the ground is incredible. Could turn it up more but I don’t want to play with timing just yet. Going with a third gen turbo shortly to keep egts down. Son has one just sitting there and is excited to drop it in. Might throw it in for s***s and giggles and screw with it a bit more, but that’ll drop me to 22mpg. But probably going to do it, this thing became fun. We’ve been playing with the smoke screw a little, I don’t like big smoke but we cracked it up just for fun and you can’t see the guy behind you lol. Turned it back down. God I love this old beast

Before you smoke your turbo or make too much heat, you need a pyrometer. Once you can monitor the egts and you find that it’s making scary heat that it will become unreliable, put it on 50/50 blend of water methanol. My 96 gained the last 1/4 of the throttle pedal back when loaded heavy and gained 2 mpg also. Theirs some diy kits out there to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd always heard that they were way detuned in those to protect the drivetrain and even the frame.

I broke the frame on my 96, getting pulled up a gravel road by a knuckle boom semi, with 12k of trailer behind me, white knucked it home 5 hours from b.c. Canada

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Before you smoke your turbo or make too much heat, you need a pyrometer. Once you can monitor the egts and you find that it’s making scary heat that it will become unreliable, put it on 50/50 blend of water methanol. My 96 gained the last 1/4 of the throttle pedal back when loaded heavy and gained 2 mpg also. Theirs some diy kits out there to get it done

Yep. We have a pyro that never well into the 98

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to harp on him quite a bit. But he came out with a response that I thought was pretty impressive to his haters about how he writes and sings songs his life can relate too. Something about never being a drunk or addicted to drugs lying in a gutter, or having multiple girlfriends while he was married, so he doesn't write about that because he's never experienced it. I had to give him a pass on that and can appreciate his songs a little more now.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!