ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apparently some folks like Russian junk. The total for the weekend, $8325 minus $100 for the table, food and gas. Plus a dealer friend is wanting more Russian junk. Go figure...I'll see a 1000-5 in the barn soon...

Woohooo.... you’ll need to sell a lot more to accessorize

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I thought this pic turned out pretty cool...

Went down to the Gila river yesterday to hit Walnut canyon again. Wanted more pics and more exploring.

I have to confess, i rarely check the weather here. Hot and dry is usually the answer, but yesterday wasn't particularly hot OR dry as it turns out...
River was high again. No crossy. Clouds in the distance east/northeast explain it (it starts in NM). So i made my way on some new trails as those clouds starting looming larger. Near the river, i shot this pic...(Ray mine on the left)

20190511 164249

It seemed to be moving west and was going to just skirt to the north...until it caught me 45 minutes later, and started dumping rain AND hail on me. I was able to outrun the worst of it in the 500, but did get a good soaking. The way the trails go, i have to go a few miles west of staging and then double back, and thats where i thought i was going to get it good...but it held off just long enough. Turned out to be a pretty good storm, and today we are having pretty similar weather. Guess i need to toss an emergency poncho in the 500...

Last edited:
advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$8325 wasn't profit. What's the real numbers?
That's a pretty impressive haul! I would be selling off more!
It's difficult selling off much of the really desirable ones. If I do, I could turn a very sumptuous profit. Plus I still want a nice collection in case the manure hits the oscillating air mover. When I got back from my last trip, I was all frustrated about not finding land & had signed a contract with a POS realtor, etc... Then I came across two really nice collections for great prices. I originally planned to sell them online, but that proved to be a PITA and I'm kinda lazy. Then, I called about getting a table at the show this weekend & did quite well considering. I mainly wanted to recoup some of my money and make a little profit as well. If I had been more patient, (not one of my better skills) and held out for longer, I could've made more $$$, but again, there's a 1000-5 in my near future & I'm positively sick of looking for land. Every year It just keeps getting further away price wise. I really didn't want to dip into my saved funds to buy a pioneer either, so I felt this was the best way to go. Somewhere in the back of what little brain I have left, I also wanted to avoid future issues with possible gun control measures which could've left me in a bind having so much invested in my collection. I am not foreseeing a positive outcome in our future for conservative folks. I felt like getting some of my money back, so I could buy other toys as well. I am also definitely keeping the best of the two collections because of their collectable values. Mainly because of dates of manufacture, rarity of type, low production numbers, etc...I did make enough though, in some cases, to pay for other ones that I decided to keep.

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Thought I would post our results form last weekends NASP Eastern Nationals event....

To put a little perspective on our teams' placement below let me tell you how big this event was...
  • Almost 16,000 archers came to shoot this event.
  • 718 teams shot the Bullseye event.
  • Of those teams that shot Bullseye, 333 of them shot the 3D event.
We brought 5 of our 7 teams - 2 High School, 2 Middle School, and an Elementary School. 105 of our 157 archers made the trip.

Our results:

Howell High School Team #1
NASP: Bullseye - 43rd / 3D - 22nd
CS: Bullseye - 13th / 3D - 8th

Howell High School Team #2
NASP: Bullseye - 251st / 3D - 125th
CS: Bullseye - 35th / 3D - 22nd

Highlander Way Middle School
NASP: Bullseye - 242nd / 3D - 51st
CS: Bullseye - 24th / 3D - 19th

Parker Middle School
NASP: Bullseye - 39th / 3D - 26th
CS: Bullseye - 7th / 3D - 10th

Three Fires Elementary
NASP: Bullseye - 174th / 3D - 45th
CS: Bullseye - 16th / 3D - 8th

Our entire coaching staff couldn't be prouder of our archers. A great finale to an awesome season. :D:D:D

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Here is some more explanation I probably should have posted before the results....

Quick explanation/clarification on the 2 tournament scores you saw being posted over the weekend...

NASP (National Archery In The Schools Program) is for public schools.

Centershot is the same format as NASP for Christian Schools and Home Schooled Kids.

We are allowed to shoot in their tournaments and they are allowed to shoot in ours (both programs encourage the other to attend the each others events).

There are 2 types of events we shoot - Bullseye (or Rings) and 3D. Bullseye is an 80cm target with colored rings and the 3D's are foam animal targets (Ram, Whitetail Deer, Antelope, Bear, Coyote, and Turkey). Sample pics below....

Summary of where our schools finished to follow.... :cool:

s-l300-jpg.128964
dsc_0330-475x316-jpg.128965

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Thought I would post our results form last weekends NASP Eastern Nationals event....

To put a little perspective on our teams' placement below let me tell you how big this event was...
  • Almost 16,000 archers came to shoot this event.
  • 718 teams shot the Bullseye event.
  • Of those teams that shot Bullseye, 333 of them shot the 3D event.
We brought 5 of our 7 teams - 2 High School, 2 Middle School, and an Elementary School. 105 of our 157 archers made the trip.

Our results:

Howell High School Team #1
NASP: Bullseye - 43rd / 3D - 22nd
CS: Bullseye - 13th / 3D - 8th

Howell High School Team #2
NASP: Bullseye - 251st / 3D - 125th
CS: Bullseye - 35th / 3D - 22nd

Highlander Way Middle School
NASP: Bullseye - 242nd / 3D - 51st
CS: Bullseye - 24th / 3D - 19th

Parker Middle School
NASP: Bullseye - 39th / 3D - 26th
CS: Bullseye - 7th / 3D - 10th

Three Fires Elementary
NASP: Bullseye - 174th / 3D - 45th
CS: Bullseye - 16th / 3D - 8th

Our entire coaching staff couldn't be prouder of our archers. A great finale to an awesome season. :D:D:D

That's really cool, I used to shoot 3D competition in Pro AM. Old picture from 1994 with my dad who never tried archery until he was 60 and my son who was 5 at the time of this photo. The trophy were from local and regional 3D competitions, all 1st, 2nd, 3rd, places. Good times. In 1996 I tied for 6th in the IBO world championships shooting for Bear / Jennings at the time.

Bob Bobby Sean Stovall Taken end of 1993 3D Archery Tournamen

advertisement