Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cant help but gloat on this one. Guys got identical trailer as mine. Pulling 2 razr 1000. Lighter. With eco boost got 6.8 mpg going 72-74. I got 12.8 doing the same. But in his defense I was surprised he did that well. Live by Milwaukee and seem like a lively crew. Hope to have fun with them!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wheres the jeep?
Home safe because of a Pioneer.
AE6C572B CD42 49DD AD7C CF4A1CAE9D57
0BB0EB8A 7BE1 4A8F BF87 A67F51C59297
32BF3A9D ADCE 480C 9F8B BD9C6F38E2A8
786E6887 583A 42CE B074 B5E868809D13

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My kid had a similar problem in sixth grade. Another kid was always messing with him and one day the kid pushed my kid into the urinal while he was pissing. My kid buttoned up and took flight on the kid. Put a whooping on him. I get a call that they both get suspended, school policy. So much for sticking up for yourself. At home, I told my son that I’m proud of him for standing up for himself and then went out for ice cream. ;)

I was raised under the “don’t ever start the fight but you sure as hell are allowed to finish it” rule.

Good on you taking him for ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny stuff there, we moved into a new neighbor hood and of course it had a bully and picked on my oldest at 8 yrs old, we talked the the parents, the bulling went on, I got tired of all the talking and taught the fine art of a sucker punch to the nose as hard as you can swing and then you have free rein, cause they can't see for the tears. Well it happened Forest had him flat of his back one punch and when we got out there, Forest was sitting on his chest, arms pinned with his knees, reciting every thing this kid had done to him and open hand slapping this kid for every occurrence. Didn't take long for his parents to come over to talk about Forest beating there kid up. It was a pretty short conversation, told them I had given permission to Forest to finish any thing their son started and it was going to stay that way. No more issues after that! HA!

Good parenting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cant help but gloat on this one. Guys got identical trailer as mine. Pulling 2 razr 1000. Lighter. With eco boost got 6.8 mpg going 72-74. I got 12.8 doing the same. But in his defense I was surprised he did that well. Live by Milwaukee and seem like a lively crew. Hope to have fun with them!
who?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When my boy was in middle school, he came home one day saying that a bigger kid kept slapping him. Don't know about you guys but I'd rather be punched than slapped so this really bugged me. I told him you need to tell an adult if this kid does it again. Sure enough, a week later he said the kid did it again and he told the lunch lady, she told him just to go sit down. I said okay, if it happens again, make a fist as tight as you can so you don't hurt your hand, don't aim at his face but the back of his head, I want you to drive the punch right through him and put all your weight behind it. He said but I'll get in trouble, told him not to worry about the trouble at school but the trouble he'd have at home. About a week later got a call at work from the principal stating he had been in a fight and was going to be suspended. Told him the same story and that my kid did exactly what I told him to do. Asked him if he had kids and would he let his son continue to be a whippin' boy? My kid didn't even get detention and the other kid was suspended for ten days.

Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Eco boost garbage my f150 lifted, slightly larger tires with a real truck motor maintaining 80mph gets 14 mpg pulling a load!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I absolutely love the EcoBoost. 35’s and I’m always towing and hauling. Literally always. My past 10,000 I’ve averaged 12.3mpg. Nothing to brag about but it’s one strong and reliable engine. Over 20 mpg at 60mph without trailer but bed loaded. 17.5mpg at 75mph. When it was new it would get 23+ on the interstate which is awesome for a 4x4 crewcab. But I had to lift and add bigger tires. Then the bed slap full of tools and equipment. I’m down 6mpg from all stock.

I drive about a 1000 miles a week on average, this week I went from AL to KY to GA and back to AL, all while pulling a trailer. I’m on my second EcoBoost truck and I’m very sure I’ll buy a third. The first one was steel body, first gen EB, and 6 speed. The current truck is aluminum body, 2nd EB and 10 speed. The 10 speed is pretty nice.

B970fa370e2815691cb4e6bd69bb8a2b

It’s not eco and boost at the same time. The engine name should be EcoOrBoost. It does both very good but not at the same time.

J

JTW

Lol.. so I took my new eb in to have the nav installed that they had forgotten to add. And they gave me a loaner 2015 f150 fx4... had the 5.0 and 6 speed. Basically, the same truck I had traded in only mine had the 3.5 eb. There was a noticeable difference in torque. It wasn’t even comparable. Now, the 5.0 would run but it didn’t start until about 3000 rpm. The 5.0 had about 35k miles on it.... and fuel mileage was 12 mpg.. the eb I traded in was 90+k miles and 16+mpg.. that’s my normal everyday driving.. I drive pretty hard. So take it for what it is. But anybody that talks s*** about the eb has clearly never driven one! It doesn’t quite pull like a diesel truck... but in the 1/2 ton gas world it does pretty damn well. Like joey said... fuel economy is either or.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.. so I took my new eb in to have the nav installed that they had forgotten to add. And they gave me a loaner 2015 f150 fx4... had the 5.0 and 6 speed. Basically, the same truck I had traded in only mine had the 3.5 eb. There was a noticeable difference in torque. It wasn’t even comparable. Now, the 5.0 would run but it didn’t start until about 3000 rpm. The 5.0 had about 35k miles on it.... and fuel mileage was 12 mpg.. the eb I traded in was 90+k miles and 16+mpg.. that’s my normal everyday driving.. I drive pretty hard. So take it for what it is. But anybody that talks s*** about the eb has clearly never driven one! It doesn’t quite pull like a diesel truck... but in the 1/2 ton gas world it does pretty damn well. Like joey said... fuel economy is either or.

It’s definitely either or.

Going to the Takeover last year I was running late and running 80+ pulling the Pioneer and I probably had between 500-1000 lbs in the Explorer. It had no problems pulling the loaded up Pioneer and heavy trailer and all the extra cargo weight at 80-85 up any hill only dropping a gear on occasion when I couldn’t keep momentum because someone slowed in front of me. It’d get right back to 80-85 going up the hill once they were out of the way. It only got 4.5mpg but this year running 70pulling same load I got 13 and the average INCREASED in the hills of Tennessee because flat or hill I was getting 12.5 but I had the benefit of going down hill getting better mileage so by the time I pulled into RRB it was over 13 for the whole trip.

I’m looking at a F-350 now because wife is back on the RV kick, I’ll need something that can tow a gooseneck/5th Wheel toyhauler.

It’s only the cost of the Diesel for the cost increase and I get 20k towing vs 13k with almost double the payload. It’s NOT a daily so I don’t care about the ride, it will be towing 10k+ 90% of its miles if we get the RV. Since it’s not a daily I also plan on a 250k mike 10-15 year lifecycle, so the added expense over a 15yr period is about 2k a year.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My old 2004 Tahoe with a real truck motor gets 14 day in and day out. Except towing, in which case the fuel gauge outruns the speedometer. Seems like most of you are kicking my ass...

My old Tahoe was 8mpg no matter what. Towing or coasting down hill with the motor shut off.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s definitely either or.

Going to the Takeover last year I was running late and running 80+ pulling the Pioneer and I probably had between 500-1000 lbs in the Explorer. It had no problems pulling the loaded up Pioneer and heavy trailer and all the extra cargo weight at 80-85 up any hill only dropping a gear on occasion when I couldn’t keep momentum because someone slowed in front of me. It’d get right back to 80-85 going up the hill once they were out of the way. It only got 4.5mpg but this year running 70pulling same load I got 13 and the average INCREASED in the hills of Tennessee because flat or hill I was getting 12.5 but I had the benefit of going down hill getting better mileage so by the time I pulled into RRB it was over 13 for the whole trip.

I’m looking at a F-350 now because wife is back on the RV kick, I’ll need something that can tow a gooseneck/5th Wheel toyhauler.

It’s only the cost of the Diesel for the cost increase and I get 20k towing vs 13k with almost double the payload. It’s NOT a daily so I don’t care about the ride, it will be towing 10k+ 90% of its miles if we get the RV. Since it’s not a daily I also plan on a 250k mike 10-15 year lifecycle, so the added expense over a 15yr period is about 2k a year.
I'm about ready to get rid of my 350, to up grade to the new 2020 engine.
It will make you a good one if my brother doesn't want it. 2013 diesel 92k miles. Platinum

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 3.6 pentastar in my Ram gets 21-22.5 driving 70 mph empty. I got 13.6 pulling the Pioneer to the Takeover. I’ve driven a few ecoboosts and they are strong engines, my new work truck has the 5.0 with the 10 speed, haven’t really driven it yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!