Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is there a perfect skid plate material? I tore up a piece of trail armor at Windrock last week.
Ya I think plastic is the best. Most are going that way. Aluminum grabs too much. But the factory steel on the Yami is still holding in very well no complaint there.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I didn’t mean it exactly like that came out. But many of the things we go out and have to buy are heavy. Most companies give a bare bones rig (mainly for price point which I understand) but it’s nice someone looked at it like people may actually use it off road.
Love the Pioneer but always hated how much you need to do to it, same with a lot of machines. The Wolverine is so much more ready for action, I added a windshield and sound bar, nothing else. It’s been solid. my personal only complaint about the Kawasaki is it’s just too big for our trails so I can’t have one lol, but so far it looks solid and ready to go for the masses. I’ve been impressed so far.
I’d like to see the actual weight of a modified pioneer like @joeymt33 , or @Kilo427 @Ragnar406 for example. I bet they are very similar to the new Kawasaki.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
No. But you keep telling me all the machines I need to buy. I know you’re joking but like anyone ya I’d love to have one of each, however we need to figure out the lottery thing so we can all have everything. It would be damn cool to call you up and say “hey where we riding today, I’m trying to figure out which machine would be better”
I wasn’t telling you to purchase one or purchase anything. I was just joking about the coming snow and it coming stock with big tires.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’d like to see the actual weight of a modified pioneer like @joeymt33 , or @Kilo427 @Ragnar406 for example. I bet they are very similar to the new Kawasaki.
Not necessarily fair because it’s 4 door but it’s much smaller. I know mine has got to be over 2000 and I don’t have 8ply massive tires on beadlocks. but there are a few other things.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Let’s just say the p1000-5 is 1700...I’ll
Be conservative

Roof-1750
Windshield-1770
Extra battery- 1790
Two winches-1810
32’s Additional-1850
Trail armor-1910. I remember this one being 70 pounds
Heavier a-arms-1920
Larger front bumper-1930
Rear bumper- 1940
Stereo-1960
Lights everywhere- 1980

Being conservative, I would say mine is over 2000 pounds just naming the bigger items.

Of coarse we Carry many other items on board like recovery gear, cooler, tools, parts, fuel etc. with me in it for the Overland trip I’d say I’m about 2500

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Not necessarily fair because it’s 4 door but it’s much smaller. I know mine has got to be over 2000 and I don’t have 8ply massive tires on beadlocks. but there are a few other things.
Well, a Talon R stock is 1500 lbs, what will it weigh once you add 31in tires on beadlocks, heavy duty arched Aarms , full skid plates and the rest of the items the Kawasaki comes standard with?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
1f20371877af41ef0b120ded91f8652f

Cheers boys, I’m getting loading right now and hoping to adjust preload for a camping trip this weekend

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, a Talon R stock is 1500 lbs, what will it weigh once you add 31in tires on beadlocks, heavy duty arched Aarms , full skid plates and the rest of the items the Kawasaki comes standard with?
I would guess wheels/tires 120, skid 60, arms 40. So it’s getting closer.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Charge up the sat phone. Might need it when snow hits and we get stuck;)
It’s usually charged on trips. NO MORE GOING INTO BUNKO WITH ONLY ONE MACHINE ON WORN RIPSAWS DURING A BLIZZARD! I tend to only make a big ass mistake once. :eek::mad::(

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I would guess wheels/tires 120, skid 60, arms 40. So it’s getting closer.
Yeah,

I’m not advocating for one or the other, just find it kinda amusing that the weight of the Kawasaki seems to be an issue when discussing it. But I really like the fact that it seems so ready for action right off the showroom floor like you mentioned , and once you start adding the mods to other machines the weight numbers are very similar.

Tires/wheels, beefy suspension, skid plates, snorkeling already on it. Pretty impressive.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Joey and I have been putting ours on a diet lately.
Fully loaded with cab on mine is between 1975-2000 according to a certified scale(25lb increments, and it goes back and forth 1975-2000)..even with two winches, heavy rear bumper, actual aluminum/UHMW skid, tools, spare parts, recover gear, and extra battery, full tank.
I’ll bet @joeymt33 and @Ragnar406 are really close to me, but I bet @Kilo427 is at least 200-250lbs heavier with the cage and bumper he has.
The new Kawasaki 1896lbs as it sits you’ll be closer to 2500 by the time you add all the stuff you want/need on it @Kilo427 will be close to 3000lbs :D

just doing math not complaining or arguing one way or another. I have REALLY been looking at it as a possible sport machine for me.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

considering the new parts weigh maybe 10-15% more than the originals maybe 1650 including tires?

My dual beadlocks with 30’s are only 11lbs heavier per corner than the factory tire and wheel. I didn’t go roctanes because they were almost as much as my 30” wheel and tire combo and they didn’t have a wheel in them.
The Kawasaki has beefier parts and 12” more frame it’s gonna be heavier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!