H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Joey and I have been putting ours on a diet lately.
Fully loaded with cab on mine is between 1975-2000 according to a certified scale(25lb increments, and it goes back and forth 1975-2000)..even with two winches, heavy rear bumper, actual aluminum/UHMW skid, tools, spare parts, recover gear, and extra battery, full tank.
I’ll bet @joeymt33 and @Ragnar406 are really close to me, but I bet @Kilo427 is at least 200-250lbs heavier with the cage and bumper he has.
The new Kawasaki 1896lbs as it sits you’ll be closer to 2500 by the time you add all the stuff you want/need on it @Kilo427 will be close to 3000lbs :D

just doing math not complaining or arguing one way or another. I have REALLY been looking at it as a possible sport machine for me.
Its a good discussion. We just need some seat time in one out on the trails with a Talon to get a good comparison.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
considering the new parts weigh maybe 10-15% more than the originals maybe 1650 including tires?

My dual beadlocks with 30’s are only 11lbs heavier per corner than the factory tire and wheel. I didn’t go roctanes because they were almost as much as my 30” wheel and tire combo and they didn’t have a wheel in them.
The Kawasaki has beefier parts and 12” more frame it’s gonna be heavier.
Honda guy or not it’s a beautiful machine. First one that’s taken me off the Talon thinking for a minute. Length I could probably get by but just not the width. Kind of a bummer. But I totally loved the Talon driving it other then the rear end popping up and I know that can be fixed. I don’t think I’ll test the Kawi just so I can be perfectly happy in the Honda lol.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cheers working hard 9438d8201bb4daa3ca1a4b1c7afe1a1a

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its a good discussion. We just need some seat time in one out on the trails with a Talon to get a good comparison.

My neighbor is flip flopping between the Talon R and the Kawasaki because the specs are so close and it looks like a really good machine.

They are really close spec wise except the weight But adding a few things to the Honda would bring it close to 250lb difference. (31” tires vs 28” gives the extra ground clearance to the Honda by .25”) only .9” more travel in the front for the Kawasaki and only 6” more wheel base for Kawasaki, 1’ smaller turning radius for Kawasaki. BUT lots more storage and a metric s*** ton more accessories right out of the gate.

They are both going to be goose s*** green though, as Red and/or white is not acceptable for good honest Auburn men like my neighbor and I.
@jrplaza2008 will be getting a couple of full machine wraps out of us.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
My neighbor is flip flopping between the Talon R and the Kawasaki because the specs are so close and it looks like a really good machine.

They are really close spec wise except the weight But adding a few things to the Honda would bring it close to 250lb difference. (31” tires vs 28” gives the extra ground clearance to the Honda by .25”) only .9” more travel in the front for the Kawasaki and only 6” more wheel base for Kawasaki, 1’ smaller turning radius for Kawasaki. BUT lots more storage and a metric s*** ton more accessories right out of the gate.

They are both going to be goose s*** green though, as Red and/or white is not acceptable for good honest Auburn men like my neighbor and I.
Yep, we play Auburn 10/26. Gonna be good game!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

It’s nice to have another true contender. Not stuck with just Popo anymore, the Japs are fighting back.
I know one machine out there doesn’t drop massive sales but between the big three Popo either has to add big power and more stickers, sell cheaper or try to build a machine that holds up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s nice to have another true contender. Not stuck with just Popo anymore, the Japs are fighting back.
I know one machine out there doesn’t drop massive sales but between the big three Popo either has to add big power and more stickers, sell cheaper or try to build a machine that holds up.

be nice if Honda bought Polaris and shut them down while taking the accessory patents.

Honda’s market cap is $46B, Polaris is $5B

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
MVIMG 20191012 150206

Did you mention popo? Yeah baby!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
be nice if Honda bought Polaris and shut them down while taking the accessory patents.
Lmao! Win win. You know I do believe Honda is the most dependable out of all but they need to get off the crutch they are on about something selling just because of their name. Look at the accessories even Kawasaki is now offering, come on pencil pushers get out and ride

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah,

I’m not advocating for one or the other, just find it kinda amusing that the weight of the Kawasaki seems to be an issue when discussing it. But I really like the fact that it seems so ready for action right off the showroom floor like you mentioned , and once you start adding the mods to other machines the weight numbers are very similar.

Tires/wheels, beefy suspension, skid plates, snorkeling already on it. Pretty impressive.
But we are not sport machines .. Have to really compare in same similar class ... everything is a comprise

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington what say you?
View attachment 160797
I say....you guys are pretty good.
I can’t stand the team that there Mascot wares a skirt! (MSU) but respect them. That said ....they suck monkey balls this year! So, glad you rubbed there face n Badger piss.:D
Central really hasn’t ever been worth a chit with Big 10 That much so ehh...on that win! Hell MSU could beat them! Maybe? Well they should!
Now my Beloved Wolverines, I grew up 2 blocks from the big house you know lol. You most defiantly cought us on a bad week. Although I don’t think we could have beat you but it should have been a lot closer. We chit the bed that week. But I’ll give credit where credit is due..your good! One good thing to note: At least your not an arrogant pompous ass like a majority of Buckeye fans are! Even though your state usually side with those from Reo Lynda In electionso_O lol
now, go out and beat OSU! I’m pulling for you!

Oh....
Go Lions! :eek::p

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lmao! Win win. You know I do believe Honda is the most dependable out of all but they need to get off the crutch they are on about something selling just because of their name. Look at the accessories even Kawasaki is now offering, come on pencil pushers get out and ride

F3D18B82 4A0E 41DA AC45 12306D630C92

E5BCB689 83EF 4EA6 BF51 D61C53F19640

50DA47D4 1796 4FE7 8E57 0BFAFDFBD460

D113BFF6 8DD3 477A AF76 0DF587335D49

0C1ECB06 F357 4219 B54C F52C3AEB96A1

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
No. But you keep telling me all the machines I need to buy. I know you’re joking but like anyone ya I’d love to have one of each, however we need to figure out the lottery thing so we can all have everything. It would be damn cool to call you up and say “hey where we riding today, I’m trying to figure out which machine would be better”
If I win the lotto, I'll buy you both one. Then you can take me on the PNWL tour.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I win the lotto, I'll buy you both one. Then you can take me on the PNWL tour.
Done!! I’ve always said if I ever won a big lottery there’d be a lot of people that benefit huge. Well that’s true because what good is having enough money to do things you want without having your friends and family along for the ride?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!