Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
25885085 7F72 4207 8B07 E643ACD2670B

J

JTW

Ah actually there really are no rules, The main spot we go is private land. Anywhere else has a lot less then most areas. But not really point.
No it’s not all just bushwhacking, it’s been carved out for trails, actual trails. But we went as far as possible in the 63in pioneer which is very capable. There’s times the 64 Talon will struggle following. I never said we just bushwhack, I said I like to.
Honda is 4in narrower 7in shorter and 11in less wheel base. That’s a big difference. Not only does it cut some off for us it also doesn’t haul. Haven’t used a trailer in years for either vehicle
View attachment 219907

Also I personally don’t like the 2speed auto as well as the 12speed manual. Like I’ve been saying each rig has its perspective owner. Wish the Talon had a locker but I’ve driven it, it fits and I really like the machine.
Lmao... did you bump your head?

Surely you don’t think you’re the only one that has tight trails.

J

JTW

Ah actually there really are no rules, The main spot we go is private land. Anywhere else has a lot less then most areas. But not really point.
No it’s not all just bushwhacking, it’s been carved out for trails, actual trails. But we went as far as possible in the 63in pioneer which is very capable. There’s times the 64 Talon will struggle following. I never said we just bushwhack, I said I like to.
Honda is 4in narrower 7in shorter and 11in less wheel base. That’s a big difference. Not only does it cut some off for us it also doesn’t haul. Haven’t used a trailer in years for either vehicle
View attachment 219907

Also I personally don’t like the 2speed auto as well as the 12speed manual. Like I’ve been saying each rig has its perspective owner. Wish the Talon had a locker but I’ve driven it, it fits and I really like the machine.
WHAT?? I thought the mighty Cummins could do anything?

Reactions: Mudwing
J

JTW

Ah, look it back up. An employee was told to take off the BLM facemask they had on. It created a bit of a ripple and Human Resources smoothed things over.
Initially yes... then what did Honda say? And there was more than one example. I’m just saying.. You’re acting like a damn liberal being all double standard hypocritical. b**** about BLM, b**** about I4Wd, b**** about Honda and how they treated you, b****, b****, b****... damn, you act like you live on the left coast.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Man, I can't catch a f***ing break here lately... Wife said the new Subaru made a funny "clunk sound" when she backed out of her friends driveway earlier. Crawled under it when she got home and the damn rear driver sway bar bushing is blown apart, half gone. Then I found out why: the dumbass transport driver must have hooked the tie down to this thin little support for the sway bar:

It's all bent and stretched, which side loaded the swaybar mount and wore the bushing through. Now I get to see how Carvana deals with the repair. The 3rd party they use for repairs sent me a list of "in-network" dealers that work with them; one was an NTB and the other a little tire shop that sells used tires. Not an awe inspiring start to this process...

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, I can't catch a f***ing break here lately... Wife said the new Subaru made a funny "clunk sound" when she backed out of her friends driveway earlier. Crawled under it when she got home and the damn rear driver sway bar bushing is blown apart, half gone. Then I found out why: the dumbass transport driver must have hooked the tie down to this thin little support for the sway bar:

View attachment 219993

View attachment 219994

View attachment 219992

It's all bent and stretched, which side loaded the swaybar mount and wore the bushing through. Now I get to see how Carvana deals with the repair. The 3rd party they use for repairs sent me a list of "in-network" dealers that work with them; one was an NTB and the other a little tire shop that sells used tires. Not an awe inspiring start to this process...
What a PITA.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 219993

View attachment 219994

View attachment 219992

That sucks dude. Good luck

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lmao... did you bump your head?

Surely you don’t think you’re the only one that has tight trails.
Didn’t say that. But they are very tight. Tight enough wheel spacers or offsets on a Pioneer will not fit in many places. It does cut off some of trail system. And I don’t like cutting trees to make it easier to get through, part of what I like is banging around. The p1k5 is one of best I’ve seen through here. I’m sure most that have been there could agree.
I’m not saying my woods are better I’m saying it’s different and we like it. But we could lose most other machines very quickly through there.
We do have multiple areas we ride though and different stuff that yes a wider machine would go but Maries is our family’s home of over 15years of riding together

Last edited:
J

JTW

Didn’t say that. But they are very tight. Tight enough wheel spacers or offsets on a Pioneer will not fit in many places. It does cut off some of trail system. And I don’t like cutting trees to make it easier to get through, part of what I like is banging around. The p1k5 is one of best I’ve seen through here. I’m sure most that have been there could agree.
I’m not saying my woods are better I’m saying it’s different and we like it. But we could lose most other machines very quickly through there.
We’re not talking about the pk5.. But if the pk5 is that good there why would you get anything else?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We’re not talking about the pk5.. But if the pk5 is that good there why would you get anything else?
Well because the 5 was bought as the family rig and always has been. I didn’t build any of the Pioneers for me. It really was always ready for the whole family. Never really go on guy rides, it was family. Wolverine is second rig for daughter. I have not yet had my own machine out of the 5 sxs’s I’ve bought. Now that I have a couple good ones for the family I want my own!
Talon will struggle in a couple areas but it’ll do good in others. It’d be a new machine and new challenge. Should follow the family rigs almost anywhere and have the power I’m wanting. It gets squirrelly as s*** yet nimble and aggressive. I can follow wife and daughter for a different kind of family ride. I’ve had 4 Pioneers, even though I love the platform it’s time for dad to have his own. But I will still run the p1k5 a lot. Same running gear yet different, think that’d be cool. I really enjoyed driving the Talon.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We do have multiple areas we ride though and different stuff that yes a wider machine would go but Maries is our family’s home of over 15years of riding together
You say tight trails, I like tight, almost in anything! No spacers for me and I use the roof as rub rails! HA!
Well because the 5 was bought as the family rig and always has been. I didn’t build any of the 5 seaters for me. It really was always ready for the whole family. Never really go on guy rides, it was family. Wolverine is second rig for daughter. I have not yet had my own machine out of the 5 sxs’s I’ve bought. Now that I have a couple good ones for the family I want my own!
Talon will struggle in a couple areas but it’ll do good in others. It’d be a new machine and new challenge. Should follow the family rigs almost anywhere and have the power I’m wanting. It gets squirrelly as s*** yet nimble and aggressive. I can follow wife and daughter for a different kind of family ride. I’ve had 3 Pioneers, even though I love the platform it’s time for dad to have his own
KRX? That's what I will be getting. P1 is staying though, family, pup rides and yard work. i really think Honda screwed up with the Talon, should have made a tough machine like the Kawi.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You say tight trails, I like tight, almost in anything! No spacers for me and I use the roof as rub rails! HA!

I know you do and that’s why I said long ago you’d like this area. LOTS of rubbing and banging roof rails. Have you seen the cage, side rails, wheels or plastics on my machine? Or the last one, or the one before it, or the one before it, Lol.

J

JTW

Well because the 5 was bought as the family rig and always has been. I didn’t build any of the Pioneers for me. It really was always ready for the whole family. Never really go on guy rides, it was family. Wolverine is second rig for daughter. I have not yet had my own machine out of the 5 sxs’s I’ve bought. Now that I have a couple good ones for the family I want my own!
Talon will struggle in a couple areas but it’ll do good in others. It’d be a new machine and new challenge. Should follow the family rigs almost anywhere and have the power I’m wanting. It gets squirrelly as s*** yet nimble and aggressive. I can follow wife and daughter for a different kind of family ride. I’ve had 4 Pioneers, even though I love the platform it’s time for dad to have his own. But I will still run the p1k5 a lot. Same running gear yet different, think that’d be cool. I really enjoyed driving the Talon.
So are you going to test drive a KRX and whatever Yamaha comes out with before you buy the talon?

advertisement