Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know you do and that’s why I said long ago you’d like this area. LOTS of rubbing and banging roof rails. Have you seen the cage, side rails, wheels or plastics on my machine? Or the last one, or the one before it, or the one before it, Lol.
We have to do this soon!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So are you going to test drive a KRX and whatever Yamaha comes out with before you buy the talon?
I doubt he will test drive anything but the KRX, you can tell by looking, they are tough. All the reviews that know anything about suspension give the KRX a thumbs up! The geometry is totally different than other S x S's. That said the KRX needs the Honda transmission with a low reverse gear.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So are you going to test drive a KRX and whatever Yamaha comes out with before you buy the talon?
Yes if possible. Stupid not to.
I’d like some seat time in KRX. Kinda lol. Worried a might fall fall for it even being somewhat impractical for us.Id like to see what all the fuss is about. I have a pretty good idea what it’ll feel like though, I’m sure I’d like it. Like said it wouldn’t fit some areas, couldn’t load it in my pickup and if loaded in camper then two dirt bikes wouldn’t fit also. Now I know I’d like DCT better (MUCH better) however if everything would’ve worked I could’ve overlooked that like I’m having to the non diff lock.
To be perfectly honest I’m waiting to see the Yamaha. We’ve had great success with Wolverine (better then the Honda) and even though it’s just not me I like it well enough so there is a possibility the 1000cc DCT (hopefully) Yamaha could be the future machine. If it fits the size restrictions.
I think Yamaha will do a good job and probably be fairly issue free from out the gate but I wouldn’t be immediately, I’d still wait a bit. So I kinda hope it doesn’t fit the bill,I don’t want to wait too much longer.

J

JTW

Yes if possible. Stupid not to.
I’d like some seat time in KRX. Kinda lol. Worried a might fall fall for it even being somewhat impractical for us.Id like to see what all the fuss is about. I have a pretty good idea what it’ll feel like though, I’m sure I’d like it. Like said it wouldn’t fit some areas, couldn’t load it in my pickup and if loaded in camper then two dirt bikes wouldn’t fit also. Now I know I’d like DCT better (MUCH better) however if everything would’ve worked I could’ve overlooked that like I’m having to the non diff lock.
To be perfectly honest I’m waiting to see the Yamaha. We’ve had great success with Wolverine (better then the Honda) and even though it’s just not me I like it well enough so there is a possibility the 1000cc DCT (hopefully) Yamaha could be the future machine. If it fits the size restrictions.
I think Yamaha will do a good job and probably be fairly issue free from out the gate but I wouldn’t be immediately, I’d still wait a bit. So I kinda hope it doesn’t fit the bill,I don’t want to wait too much longer.
But I thought the KRX was too huge?

J

JTW

I doubt he will test drive anything but the KRX, you can tell by looking, they are tough. All the reviews that know anything about suspension give the KRX a thumbs up! The geometry is totally different than other S x S's. That said the KRX needs the Honda transmission with a low reverse gear.
The issue with the DCT is it has to be geared waaaaaaaay lower than it is. Many of us have already experienced the woes of the DCT. There are some things I like about it, and some things I don’t. The same can be said about a belt but there are certainly some advantages to a belt as well. Snuff did the calculations, but low in the krx was something like, lower than a the talon with a gear reduction and portals, even with 35’s.

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This should be a good time! Went and stocked up on beer and gas.

IMG 20200822 173720

advertisement