sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What causes that to happen?
Going through short deep dips on through a field or a bad road. Also if you back the tandem trailer up a short steep embankment where when you back up it compresses the rear set of wheels and the front set is off the ground sometimes time will cause the front to flip the shackle while hanging in the air to snap down. You will always know if a shackle is flipped if it is a tandem axle trailer and only one set of tires are touching the road.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Guessing the forum may have a new thread soon!
FB IMG 1524485270595
It was tagged " Shots for shirts"

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going through short deep dips on through a field or a bad road. Also if you back the tandem trailer up a short steep embankment where when you back up it compresses the rear set of wheels and the front set is off the ground sometimes time will cause the front to flip the shackle while hanging in the air to snap down. You will always know if a shackle is flipped if it is a tandem axle trailer and only one set of tires are touching the road.

heck we did all those causes. I was figuring the 2x4. Do you have to have all the weight off or jack it up?
We didn’t have anything to pry with close. Looked for a strong enough stick but nothing so we unloaded and ran around the field. Took a bunch of trips around and got kinda violent, finally pulled up to my wife and she had thumbs up:) will remember a 2x4 in the future

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heck we did all those causes.

heck we did all those causes. I was figuring the 2x4. Do you have to have all the weight off or jack it up?
We didn’t have anything to pry with close. Looked for a strong enough stick but nothing so we unloaded and ran around the field. Took a bunch of trips around and got kinda violent, finally pulled up to my wife and she had thumbs up:)
You don't need to jack it up although if you put the jack under the low side of the shackle and jump on the trailer it may pop back into place. You don't need to take the load off because the axle in the air has no weight on it to begin with. Its kind of hard to explain how to do it by typing. I've done it several times to my trailer it was frustrating until some Ole boy showed me the trick.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You don't need to jack it up although if you put the jack under the low side of the shackle and jump on the trailer it may pop back into place. You don't need to take the load off because the axle in the air has no weight on it to begin with. Its kind of hard to explain how to do it by typing. I've done it several times to my trailer it was frustrating until some Ole boy showed me the trick.
I should’ve posted on here first probably but I was kinda pissed off, we were loaded up and wanted home. I knew someone on the forum knew!
It probably happened when we moved camp and I used the Wolverine to back it into the woods. It was angled down bad because low hitch
100D3693 84ED 4E85 A6D8 40148F470891

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha I know I sold you quite a bit, might have something to do with all the prizes you won.
You have to pay to play right?
He definitely walked away with his investment covered! When he grabbed what he wanted, he was giving away winning tickets!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another poem from the Gnome Dome.

Ode to the dishes
left in the sink
While riding for 4 days
it had started to stink
So upon my return
and too drunk for concern
I threw them in the fire
and left them to burn...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!