BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome... our horse trailer is an aluminum sundowner and that’s part of what’s spoilt me to what I want. I want an aluminum floor and heavier built trailer than the thin skins on an enclosed. But I don’t want to pay for it! Lol
You have living quarters in horse trailer ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Awesome... our horse trailer is an aluminum sundowner and that’s part of what’s spoilt me to what I want. I want an aluminum floor and heavier built trailer than the thin skins on an enclosed. But I don’t want to pay for it! Lol
Why do you have a horse trailer, Does your wife drive and make you ride in the trailer, you horses ass! HA! You have horses?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That was a little f***ed up! We got stuck on the big hill going up to Xmas Hills right after that post
Truck started sliding backwards with brakes locked down, had to ditch it. Luckily I put her in sideways enough the front end came around enough we were able to jockey it around and come back down. We were under no power at 2mph coming back down. Was shaking a bit but Ang took it good. Oh well s*** happens, we’re going back up next weekend loaded with Pioneer for traction as per the ol lady, god we miss it
Don't doubt my instincts! Sometimes my intuition just hits me.

J

JTW

Well ya got a jeep. Those ride worse than a 2500. Ya got a suburban. The stability a 2500 gives pulling a 20' enclosed is unmatched by a 1500. Way better experience.
I don’t disagree.. but realistically I’m putting 25-30k a year on my trucks. So, buying a truck that I’m going to put. 1,000 miles pulling just doesn’t make a lot of sense when I can get by with a 1/2 ton. And now that kilo has the big truck. Our big trips really won’t be in a 1/2 ton.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so a stock combo you could haul Honda / horses and best part is right it off to farm titled as stock trailers.Maybe something along these lines just wider

2019 Bison Trailers 7009TBSTLT Livestock Trailer

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/trb/d/2019-bison-trailers/6770009520.html

7200 lb Axles Single Electric Jack Hay Rack w/ladder Alum Ramp behind double doors 3 horse adjustable saddle rack in mid tack Divider gate Plexiglass inserts Pass thru door in mid tack from LQ and to stock area from mid tack Tie Rings Blanket Bar Br ...

Reactions: Todd627
J

JTW

Ok so a stock combo you could haul Honda / horses and best part is right it off to farm titled as stock trailers.Maybe something along these lines just wider

2019 Bison Trailers 7009TBSTLT Livestock Trailer

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/trb/d/2019-bison-trailers/6770009520.html

7200 lb Axles Single Electric Jack Hay Rack w/ladder Alum Ramp behind double doors 3 horse adjustable saddle rack in mid tack Divider gate Plexiglass inserts Pass thru door in mid tack from LQ and to stock area from mid tack Tie Rings Blanket Bar Br ...

Yeah.. I’d just assume get a dedicated sxs hauler. I can leave parts and all that jazz in it. The horse trailer setup is why I want what I want. It was nice having everything there. Just lod and go. No packing for two weeks and realizing you forgot this and that. I’m doing with the sxs what I grew up doing with the horses. It’s just that nobody rides horses anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. I’d just assume get a dedicated sxs hauler. I can leave pets and all that jazz in it. The horse trailer setup is why I want what I want. It was nice having everything there. Just lod and go. No packing for two weeks and realizing you forgot this and that. I’m doing with the sxs what I grew up doing with the horses. It’s just that nobody rides horses anymore.
I can see that would be pretty handy !

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t disagree.. but realistically I’m putting 25-30k a year on my trucks. So, buying a truck that I’m going to put. 1,000 miles pulling just doesn’t make a lot of sense when I can get by with a 1/2 ton. And now that kilo has the big truck. Our big trips really won’t be in a 1/2 ton.
Pretty soon you guys will be taking the families. Start planning ahead now so you don't have to do 3xs like I have lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!