Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Starting at a new place next Monday, huge raise, doubling my pension. Work might not be as steady as the power company, but work less, but make more, should be a win. Have a good feeling about it.
Congratulations. Going to free up any summer time?;)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A cowboy, who just moved to Montana from Texas, walks into a bar and orders three mugs of Bud.

He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.

When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy,
"You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it.

It would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers.
One is in Arizona, the other is in Colorado.

When we all left our home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.

So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way.
He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs.
All the regulars take notice and fall silent.

When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my
condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs.

"Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains.

"It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."

“It hasn't affected my brothers though."

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been worried about you highschool dropouts lately. You haven't posted anything worth my time so I'll start something for ya.

C and I used to have a great time on the motorcycles back in the day but with the idiots driving those 4 wheel monsters it became apparent that we needed to park the 2 wheelers and just play off road with the ATV's, etc. We missed the mountain riding though so I tried putting road tires on the Honda and played on the "dragon" on a couple of Christmas days but it wasn't quite the same.

Trump has been so good to us with the stock market we needed to liquify some of our investments and life is too short and can end at anytime so we've gone over to the darkside with a Polaris purchase. I know, I know, "NOT A POLARIS!", but unfortunately Honda doesn't make anything that comes close to this beast. We still have the Honda and we have a blast at Mary's Ridge but something was missing. Soooooo........................say hello to our new non Honda toy.

FB IMG 1580565510168120200131 075022120200131 095106120200125 132655120200131 095345120200131 0955411 20200131 0955331

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been worried about you highschool dropouts lately. You haven't posted anything worth my time so I'll start something for ya.

C and I used to have a great time on the motorcycles back in the day but with the idiots driving those 4 wheel monsters it became apparent that we needed to park the 2 wheelers and just play off road with the ATV's, etc. We missed the mountain riding though so I tried putting road tires on the Honda and played on the "dragon" on a couple of Christmas days but it wasn't quite the same.

Trump has been so good to us with the stock market we needed to liquify some of our investments and life is too short and can end at anytime so we've gone over to the darkside with a Polaris purchase. I know, I know, "NOT A POLARIS!", but unfortunately Honda doesn't make anything that comes close to this beast. We still have the Honda and we have a blast at Mary's Ridge but something was missing. Soooooo........................say hello to our new non Honda toy.

View attachment 183756View attachment 183757View attachment 183758View attachment 183760View attachment 183762View attachment 183763 View attachment 183759
I've often wondered why people buy a slingshot versus a convertible? I've never taken the time to drive one to answer the question. Any insight you can offer?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 183756View attachment 183757View attachment 183758View attachment 183760View attachment 183762View attachment 183763 View attachment 183759
That is pretty cool Dr. F. I’m glad you’re able to find something else to go out and enjoy with the wife. I agree with the Polaris thing but what ya gunna do. Hopefully some good miles ahead. Bring a fire extinguisher and enjoy the ride. Cool rig

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Very Nice,,,,,👍That is why I got rid of My Harley , People are crazy I have had people pull out in front of me looking right at me, after You ride so long You get to thinking when is my luck going to run out, I always thought that if I did get another one it would be a 3 wheeler, better braking, more tire to the ground you don't have to worry about laying it down and it's not as big a deal if you get caught in a rain,,, Have Fun,,,,
2007 Road King

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've often wondered why people buy a slingshot versus a convertible? I've never taken the time to drive one to answer the question. Any insight you can offer?
We weren't interested in just having just the top down. The HP to weight is excellent (1750 lbs - 175hp), handling and acceleration is like a corvette, (I've owned two). I feel a lot safer taking my Wife along with me. On the bike I always worried about her because if a cager wants you there is nothing you can do about it. Even a good rider, ( I had many hours on a track with two wheels, Triumph Daytona and Speed Triple) can't adjust quick enough to miss a cager. I could handle getting hurt but not hurting my Wife. Neither of us heal as quick as we used to either. 5 spd manual transmission with a real short throw takes me back to the days when that's pretty much all you had was a standard shift transmission. Rear tire on the SLR is 12 inches and will break free easily in three gears. You are 5 inches off the road and it just feels like a go-cart..lol. We talked about a "convertible" an to get the kind of fun we are having with the SS we would have to go to something that was a lot more money. The Miata would have been close but just didn't appeal to either of us. You need to go to a dealer and take one for a spin. You will be hooked.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We weren't interested in just having just the top down. The HP to weight is excellent (1750 lbs - 175hp), handling and acceleration is like a corvette, (I've owned two). I feel a lot safer taking my Wife along with me. On the bike I always worried about her because if a cager wants you there is nothing you can do about it. Even a good rider, ( I had many hours on a track with two wheels, Triumph Daytona and Speed Triple) can't adjust quick enough to miss a cager. I could handle getting hurt but not hurting my Wife. Neither of us heal as quick as we used to either. 5 spd manual transmission with a real short throw takes me back to the days when that's pretty much all you had was a standard shift transmission. Rear tire on the SLR is 12 inches and will break free easily in three gears. You are 5 inches off the road and it just feels like a go-cart..lol. We talked about a "convertible" an to get the kind of fun we are having with the SS we would have to go to something that was a lot more money. The Miata would have been close but just didn't appeal to either of us. You need to go to a dealer and take one for a spin. You will be hooked.
Go-cart sounds like an accurate different feeling. I appreciate your thoughts on it. I've driven a hopped up Miata but it was definitely still a car. There is a dealership 10 minutes from my house. I've purposely avoided a test drive. I don't ride my Ninja much these days, but it gives me that motorcycle feeling that nothing else has been able to replace when I do suit up and take it out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!