H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

Unwilling to do the payment. And I kinda like 2 track in the yard.

If I won the lottery tomorrow, I would probably go get a krx and a Honda Pioneer 1000. So, technically, I have thought about it. Don't want the payment, and the KRX would require a new trailer, adding to the cost.

The "choice", really, is keeping the 500 or getting the 700. Is it still the wrong choice?
Honestly... if you’re in the situation to where a minimal payment is what’s keeping you from buying something. Then you probably shouldn’t buy anything. I’m not going to get on my soap box about financing toys. But unless it makes sense to put yourself in a better financial situation or you just have the means to get what you want because you want to, then you should stick with what you have until you can just write a check for what you want and not be chained to payments.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honestly... if you’re in the situation to where a minimal payment is what’s keeping you from buying something. Then you probably shouldn’t buy anything. I’m not going to get on my soap box about financing toys. But unless it makes sense to put yourself in a better financial situation or you just have the means to get what you want because you want to, then you should stick with what you have until you can just write a check for what you want and not be chained to payments.
It's not so much as I can't make the payment as I just would like to leave that money for the unforseen.

Been playing with the numbers a bit. Never saw anything but the receipt for the deposit. Just knew the payments before that. Doesn't seem like that good of a deal for the 1000-3 at $14100. Then by the time they add all the BS fees and tax it's back up to $17k.
The 700 payments seem to be about MSRP+ taxes etc. I let them get me on my 1st 700 because it was a new and hot thing (they actually did like $500 below retail then), but there's no need to bend over and take it like a man on ANY Honda SxS right now.
Times like this I wish I lived back east and could head down to Abernathy's...

J

JTW

It's not so much as I can't make the payment as I just would like to leave that money for the unforseen.

Been playing with the numbers a bit. Never saw anything but the receipt for the deposit. Just knew the payments before that. Doesn't seem like that good of a deal for the 1000-3 at $14100. Then by the time they add all the BS fees and tax it's back up to $17k.
The 700 payments seem to be about MSRP+ taxes etc. I let them get me on my 1st 700 because it was a new and hot thing (they actually did like $500 below retail then), but there's no need to bend over and take it like a man on ANY Honda SxS right now.
Times like this I wish I lived back east and could head down to Abernathy's...
No s***... if you’re going to spend 14-15k or so... Search through the couch cushions for some extra change and buy a f***ing KRX! $16,200 and that was out the door being farm exempt. I will wager you will actually save money going that route vs buying a machine that needs upgrades to make it “trail ready”. You get soooo much more bang for your buck!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
No s***... if you’re going to spend 14-15k or so... Search through the couch cushions for some extra change and buy a f***ing KRX! $16,200 and that was out the door being farm exempt. I will wager you will actually save money going that route vs buying a machine that needs upgrades to make it “trail ready”. You get soooo much more bang for your buck!
Do those things have a receiver hitch? I've never looked.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Every time I get into this whole trade thing this is what happens. Everyone BUT me can get a deal, and my machine is essentially worthless unless I'm trying to buy it. This is why I dread it as much as look forward to it. Wife has been begging me to go get "what I want" for months now, and she knows where it'll probably end up. At it did.
At this point I'm over it...

J

JTW

Every time I get into this whole trade thing this is what happens. Everyone BUT me can get a deal, and my machine is essentially worthless unless I'm trying to buy it. This is why I dread it as much as look forward to it. Wife has been begging me to go get "what I want" for months now, and she knows where it'll probably end up. At it did.
At this point I'm over it...
I get it... honestly, what are you going to use it for? Mainly riding right? Do yourself a favor a get a machine that’s better built for it, regardless of what it is. And by this I mean sport machine. I honestly, had no idea what I was missing. Do yourself a favor and just go test drive a krx... at least then you’ll have a better idea of what I’m talking about. I think your problem is you’re not looking for the right machine. The universe is trying to tell you... Noooooooo!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I get it... honestly, what are you going to use it for? Mainly riding right? Do yourself a favor a get a machine that’s better built for it, regardless of what it is. And by this I mean sport machine. I honestly, had no idea what I was missing. Do yourself a favor and just go test drive a krx... at least then you’ll have a better idea of what I’m talking about. I think your problem is you’re not looking for the right machine. The universe is trying to tell you... Noooooooo!!
I think I've always kinda known that a true sport machine will be the best trail machine by far, but the utility aspect is a need, and nobody except Polaris and Yamaha seem interested in the dual use concept.
I've always wondered why something has to be one or the other? Would a KRX with a standard size dump bed really be any less awesome?

I think the ultimate solution is probably what you've recently discovered: 2 machines.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I've always kinda known that a true sport machine will be the best trail machine by far, but the utility aspect is a need, and nobody except Polaris and Yamaha seem interested in the dual use concept.
I've always wondered why something has to be one or the other? Would a KRX with a standard size dump bed really be any less awesome?

I think the ultimate solution is probably what you've recently discovered: 2 machines.
Utility: Payload/towing capacity/work is the premium. Suspension needs to be stiffer to allow more payload.
Sport: Speed/performance/fun is the premium. Suspension needs travel to allow more speed.

Utility and Sport are really at opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion. You can take any utility machine out on the trails. You aren't going to go everywhere a sport is and you aren't going to get there as quickly. You can take any sport machine out to the farm. You aren't going to haul as much or get as much work done with it.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Like everyday driver versus fast car!

advertisement
J

JTW

I will largely agree... I wish I had bought a sport and a family hauler and saved myself some money. The reality, people talk about utility and work and use on the farm. I have farms, I thought it would be more important than it is. The truth is, the tractor or truck is better suited for most farm chores. You could do MOST of what you need around the farm in a golfcart!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don't forget, Polaris has the General! It is a sport utility! I test drove one before deciding on the 700. The main deciding factor for me was the dump bed and it being Honda. I think the KRX and General are in the same play ground!
Mentioned it before. Honestly seems to be the closest thing to a true duel machine. Then I see the name on the side. And again, a machine with a price well into (and beyond) p1000 range. It's an awesome machine...just wish someone else made it.

Looks like the 2021's have been released. Bold new colors 👌

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Utility: Payload/towing capacity/work is the premium. Suspension needs to be stiffer to allow more payload.
Sport: Speed/performance/fun is the premium. Suspension needs travel to allow more speed.

Utility and Sport are really at opposite ends of the spectrum in my opinion. You can take any utility machine out on the trails. You aren't going to go everywhere a sport is and you aren't going to get there as quickly. You can take any sport machine out to the farm. You aren't going to haul as much or get as much work done with it.
I would really like to have a KRX and one day will probably end up with one, the P1-5 will stay.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!