BOX1

P1000m5 Handicap accessible trailer!

BUCKEYES14

BUCKEYES14

Jan 4, 2020
Winchester, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m new to the sxs forum but joined since I’ve become the new owner of a 2018 1000-5 pioneer that my wife surprised me with for Xmas this past year!...Y’all carry on some good conversations and cover quite a variety of interesting topics!
I’m a paraplegic and wanted to be able to haul my buggy, that I’ll use primarily to hunt out of, and to remain as independent as possible.
I hooked up with a local dealer that made this trailer for me, and words can’t explain how appreciative I am of it, or how sweet it really is!
Took a wheelchair lift out of a van/bus and mounted it to the side of an 18’ Gatormade. Added some extra reinforcement, has a battery to operate the lift, so any truck can pull it, but included an electric hookup for my truck to run it from there when I pull it.
I load the machine backward because I got the snow plow with the machine, so to allow for the room for it, and to be able to have the space around the fender well for the lift to be installed (which is why the lift was installed on the passenger side) and still access the machine.
I just wanted to share and show anyone out there that might find this useful, that it IS POSSIBLE!!!!
Now...bring on turkey season!!!!

BD285EC0 B1BA 4B12 B887 EC293A47D0F0 CE32B928 E411 4118 B82E F0DBAFC352C8 7797B28A B7A2 4A03 A0A2 FF3526804293 D66827E2 BADF 4F29 8516 2452BAB9A96F C8B0A62B 3988 4B68 BA96 6870EB74178B 140984C5 7936 4B9A A2A2 18C941E6B0AA

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m new to the sxs forum but joined since I’ve become the new owner of a 2018 1000-5 pioneer that my wife surprised me with for Xmas this past year!...Y’all carry on some good conversations and cover quite a variety of interesting topics!
I’m a paraplegic and wanted to be able to haul my buggy, that I’ll use primarily to hunt out of, and to remain as independent as possible.
I hooked up with a local dealer that made this trailer for me, and words can’t explain how appreciative I am of it, or how sweet it really is!
Took a wheelchair lift out of a van/bus and mounted it to the side of an 18’ Gatormade. Added some extra reinforcement, has a battery to operate the lift, so any truck can pull it, but included an electric hookup for my truck to run it from there when I pull it.
I load the machine backward because I got the snow plow with the machine, so to allow for the room for it, and to be able to have the space around the fender well for the lift to be installed (which is why the lift was installed on the passenger side) and still access the machine.
I just wanted to share and show anyone out there that might find this useful, that it IS POSSIBLE!!!!

View attachment 196973 View attachment 196974 View attachment 196975 View attachment 196976 View attachment 196977 View attachment 196978

Welcome to the club from Tennessee;)

nice trailer

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 196973 View attachment 196974 View attachment 196975 View attachment 196976 View attachment 196977 View attachment 196978
Welcome to the forum. There’s at least one other forum member with similar interests/needs who’s name escapes me, but perhaps he and others will come around to help you. 👍

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fantastic

I've got disabled friends from one who lost a leg above the knee in a duck hunting accident to one injured in a skiing accident who has a chair lift that lifts him and his chair on a platform up into his deer stand.

I love your trailer. Looks like Q from James Bond designed it.

Besides hours and effort, lotta design thinking and consideration went into that rig.

Two choices. Quit and give up or refuse to quit and do whatever you want to do.

So very glad you are in the latter group. Your very presence will inspire countless others.

Good luck and God Bless

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from north Louisiana and thanks for the trailer pictures. I personally will need to see some of your turkey pics. I assume they will be Easterns.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Canton, OH. I see you chose the fastest color Honda makes. Hopefully you get many years of enjoyment from your setup.
#NTC

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is an awesome concept on the trailer. A buddy of mine is paralyzed from the chest down. This maybe just what he needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BUCKEYES14
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My handicap accessible P500. Hand controls installed for throttle & brake. Tilt trailer with La Trailer Dog to hold unit secure. Smittybilt winch with tethered remote used to load & unload. Wheelchair lift now installed on rear rack.

View attachment 201593 View attachment 201594 View attachment 201595 View attachment 201596
hondabob64
FANTASTIC 500!!
Trailer and sxs combo are great. Obviously, a lot of thinking, skill, and know how went into that project. The result shows that.

You're proof that you can accept a situation, or you can figure out a new way to reach your goals and dreams. Very inspirational

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like it but I think I would have put the lift on the other side of the trailer to reduce the tongue weight on the truck and allow you to drive the machine onto the trailer

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Congrats on the Christmas present! People like you are an inspiration to the rest of us to just suck it up. A friend of mine is in the same boat as you and has a 4 wheeler. And he really missed going to opening fishing day at Roaring River State Park, he calls and talks to the Ranger asking permission to sit and drive around on his 4 wheeler and fish, the Ranger said he would have to talk to his higher up's and would give him a call back. The Ranger called back in a couple days, told Jim to put a handicap emblem on his 4 wheeler and was good to go, he hasn't missed an opening day since. NICE trailer!

Reactions: BUCKEYES14
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

This is awesome and thank you for posting this. I work with high school students with disabilities and one of the biggest things we encourage is to find a way to do the things that bring you joy. We have several students with physical disabilities that do what society tells them they are able to do and we have a limited few that give a giant middle finger to what others say they can and can't do.

But what really makes this hit close to home is about a year ago, my wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. She is only 37 and still able to do most of what she has always done but the future scares the heck out of her (and me) I spend a lot of time explaining to her that I will do whatever I can to make sure she can do the things she wants to do; your post helps provide that hope :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is awesome and thank you for posting this. I work with high school students with disabilities and one of the biggest things we encourage is to find a way to do the things that bring you joy. We have several students with physical disabilities that do what society tells them they are able to do and we have a limited few that give a giant middle finger to what others say they can and can't do.

But what really makes this hit close to home is about a year ago, my wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. She is only 37 and still able to do most of what she has always done but the future scares the heck out of her (and me) I spend a lot of time explaining to her that I will do whatever I can to make sure she can do the things she wants to do; your post helps provide that hope :)
Prayers!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!