P1000m5 Hard top suggestions

S

Stuckbuck

May 9, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any recommendations on a sturdy hard top? I’d prefer metal.
I’m thinking something like this:

» Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Roof | FTD Cabs

I’m not sure about a two piece though.
I have done a search on here, but I’m finding sporadic post, not really what I’m looking for.

Also, I do like the super atv poly top but wonder if the tinted plastic for one is durable enough and two, will the tint keep enough sun out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have done a search on here, but I’m finding sporadic post, not really what I’m looking for.

Also, I do like the super atv poly top but wonder if the tinted plastic for one is durable enough and two, will the tint keep enough sun out?

The factory hard top is hard to beat...i know i along with many others have abused them and they have held up great. I know its not metal...just ny suggestion.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No experience with a Metal roof on the 1000-5 but I will say the Honda plastic roof is well made, it will take a lot of abuse and still hold up. Now it will catch some water if you leave it siting out in the rain so you have to be careful on that first stop that it does not end up in your lap (if no windshield).
A lot of people on here (myself included) will utilize the top ROPS on the side from time to time to lean into a tree and the Factory roof has taken the abuse well.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I let the ROPS and roof rub trees, rocks, and dirt banks when required. A metal top would look like wrinkled tin foil for me by now. The factory roof with some UHMW attached to prevent SEVERE damage has held up no problem.

1abd4cc012d12ba7fbf07493e9d1206e
83464b18d87a9985af8a1f87636b41d7

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I too sure suggest to look ok at factory roof. Had the same one for three years on a couple different Pioneers. We’re hard on roof edges in the trees for sure.
Only negative like mentioned is they do hold a little water in the front. When I chopped my cage I cut more in the front to eliminate that issue.
Some people swear by the aluminum and there are some very nice ones out there.

S

Stuckbuck

May 9, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know of the super atv 2 pc. windshield will work with the Honda Oem top?
I just bought the windshield, it’ll be here tomorrow.

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know of the super atv 2 pc. windshield will work with the Honda Oem top?
I just bought the windshield, it’ll be here tomorrow.

Yes and you will like that windshield. There is a small gap inbetween the top of the windshield and the top of the roof ( under the roof line) that I only call out because you may want to plug I. The winter but I have not noticed air coming from there.
4FB406C4 15A3 48D5 9D8D 8E095438E781

S

Stuckbuck

May 9, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes and you will like that windshield. There is a small gap inbetween the top of the windshield and the top of the roof ( under the roof line) that I only call out because you may want to plug I. The winter but I have not noticed air coming from there.
View attachment 75846

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
J

Jugheadlsu

May 3, 2018
Baton Rouge La
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Last week I ordered the FTD cab and windshield for my 1000-5. Should be delivered early next week. Will report back once it is installed.

I had the FTD cab on my Polaris ranger had no complaints on it.

Reactions: BWAF and Stuckbuck
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Holy crap $800 for a roof! I made mine out of 6061 aluminum. 7071 would've been fine but the guy ordered the wrong one. I had said guy cut it on a plasma and put a bend in front and back. I was into it for about $120 I think. It's stronger than plastic and I stand on it all the time either taking pictures or hanging tree stands. Just go down to your local fab shop.

I also like that it's thin. The Honda top adds a lot to your height. Mine has taken a lot of abuse. Several times I've caught a tree so hard I thought I ripped the back of the roof loose but I've never even put a bend in it.

1930989ff31839901abedd52b33bbf48B79b7de91ca261cb1af864eb0080e14a

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

S

Stuckbuck

May 9, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Holy crap $800 for a roof! I made mine out of 6061 aluminum. 7071 would've been fine but the guy ordered the wrong one. I had said guy cut it on a plasma and put a bend in front and back. I was into it for about $120 I think. It's stronger than plastic and I stand on it all the time either taking pictures or hanging tree stands. Just go down to your local fab shop.

I also like that it's thin. The Honda top adds a lot to your height. View attachment 76255View attachment 76256

That looks good man!
That’s why I wanted suggestions, because that $800+ price tag
Is ridiculous!
Haha!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always wanted to build something like this but to far in with my radio and all, in the factory plastic Ac43358346683af9dfa3ba534c25d0dc

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My Honda hardtop has taken a severe beating. I sideswipe trees with it all the time. Side and top. I'm actually amazed how well the Honda plastics have held up with the wacks I've dealt out. I can see scratches in the plastics but nothing unbearable.

Reactions: BWAF and Stuckbuck
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It also depends on what your end goal is. I wanted to remain a bit of a purist and never have a fully enclosed cab. I'm getting kind of soft though and some days I have my 2nd thoughts.

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
S

Stuckbuck

May 9, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It also depends on what your end goal is. I wanted to remain a bit of a purist and never have a fully enclosed cab. I'm getting kind of soft though and some days I have my 2nd thoughts.

Yeah, I really like it open when it’s just me. With the wife and kids, it would help keep bugs/spiders from falling in their laps!
I’m just going to hold out until something screams buy me!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!