P1000m5 Hard top suggestions

J

JTW

Holy crap $800 for a roof! I made mine out of 6061 aluminum. 7071 would've been fine but the guy ordered the wrong one. I had said guy cut it on a plasma and put a bend in front and back. I was into it for about $120 I think. It's stronger than plastic and I stand on it all the time either taking pictures or hanging tree stands. Just go down to your local fab shop.

I also like that it's thin. The Honda top adds a lot to your height. Mine has taken a lot of abuse. Several times I've caught a tree so hard I thought I ripped the back of the roof loose but I've never even put a bend in it.

View attachment 76255View attachment 76256

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I like @Cuoutdoors roof. If I were doing it again today... I’d probably build one. After my aluminum skids being as they were, I’d prolly use uhmw

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t plan on riding too hard. I may re think the metal, I don’t like the idea of wrinkling one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the Armor Teck, and love it. All metal, been up against/scraping trees and not bent/wrinkled .... ARMORTECH - TOUGHEST ON EARTH .... top, back, and glass windshield was only little over $1500.

20171213 154611 jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like @Cuoutdoors roof. If I were doing it again today... I’d probably build one. After my aluminum skids being as they were, I’d prolly use uhmw
Bless your heart. I think uhmw would get pretty damn hot....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
A

Andoman

Feb 3, 2021
Buckeye, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Hi all. How much does the plastic hard top weigh for the 1000-5. I am hoping to find out for trailering weight.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all. How much does the plastic hard top weigh for the 1000-5. I am hoping to find out for trailering weight.
It’s not much at all ...maybe 30 lbs...but I haven’t had mine off in a while....

HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I ran the factory roof on my 700 thru lots of mesquite trees and pine trees up north while elk hunting and it held up well. Never had an issue with it running on the trailer at 80mph either. Hoping the factory hard top on the 1000-5 holds up as well.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!