Hardcoat vs standard windshield

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much difference is there. My dealer doesn't have hard coat windshields for my 1000, but they have standard windshields.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I went with hard coat because one of my windshields jobs is keeping branches out of my face. So I guess it depends on your riding area and what you'll encounter on the trail for whether you need hard coat or not. Try looking at Rocky Mountain atv to see if they have one since your dealer doesn't. They ship pretty fast

Reactions: allgm1
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I'm with tflynn, mine has moved quite a few branches/small trees and has no scars yet.

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
I would go with mar-10 on both sides.Very good hardcoat and scratch resistant. Had one before with no hard coat on it and scratched up in no time and glazed

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I wouldn't buy another plastic windshield without the hardcoat either. Even being careful cleaning it the desert dust around here still managed to scratch up the one I had on my RZR pretty bad. The hardcoat on my P1k has been pretty good so far.

Reactions: markie

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!