P1000 Hatfield and McCoy

4-speed

Aug 30, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am heading to Hatfield McCoy trail system tomorrow. I have seen some good pictures with no explanation as to where they were taken. What trails have the best scenery? Being this is our first time I don't know that we will be going for anything more than blue in difficulty.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I think there are about seven different trial systems within HM " without looking anything up" . I stayed at Ashland ATV Resort once and rode part of the Indian Ridge and Pocahontas Trail systems ????. Nice place and well groomed trails a couple years ago.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I am heading to Hatfield McCoy trail system tomorrow. I have seen some good pictures with no explanation as to where they were taken. What trails have the best scenery? Being this is our first time I don't know that we will be going for anything more than blue in difficulty.
The Buffalo Mountain Trail system, Devil Anse and rock house all connect for a hell of a ride.. Bearwallow is just north of that and it’s a trail system itself. Pocahontas trail system is east of that and has a lot of good riding (More in the Appalachian mountain range).. Indian Ridge and pinnacle creek trail systems are just north of that.. Ivy branch is closer to Charleston. Hope this helps if not I’m sure there are videos & you can watch and pick what you see fit.. 🍻

Last edited:
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our favorite ride is the one from Matewan (the devil anse trailhead) up through Buffalo mountain to Williamson. We always stop at Starters for lunch before heading back. There's some cool rock formations on the way, and some pretty overlooks as well.

My second favorite ride is the one from Matewan to Man (this one goes up through Rock House). Some really cool overlooks here, as well as a tunnel under the highway that you go through and you can stop at a pretty cool waterfall that's marked on the map on the way up. There's a sports bar in Man that we do lunch at sometimes, but on our last trip we discovered Fire Pit pizza and that will be our new go-to. Of course if you go south instead, there's trail 12 barbecue right outside of Gilbert. They're super nice people, but the last couple of times we were there we didn't think the barbecue was as good as it had been.

I've only ridden the southern section once, but the highlight of that trip was old Jose and their wood fired Pizza. That being said the diner down in bramwell is super neat and was delicious too.

In hindsight I'm realizing that I'm not going to be much help for cool things to see, I'm mostly concerned about the riding and the food 🐷🐷🐷

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Our favorite ride is the one from Matewan (the devil anse trailhead) up through Buffalo mountain to Williamson. We always stop at Starters for lunch before heading back. There's some cool rock formations on the way, and some pretty overlooks as well.

My second favorite ride is the one from Matewan to Man (this one goes up through Rock House). Some really cool overlooks here, as well as a tunnel under the highway that you go through and you can stop at a pretty cool waterfall that's marked on the map on the way up. There's a sports bar in Man that we do lunch at sometimes, but on our last trip we discovered Fire Pit pizza and that will be our new go-to. Of course if you go south instead, there's trail 12 barbecue right outside of Gilbert. They're super nice people, but the last couple of times we were there we didn't think the barbecue was as good as it had been.

I've only ridden the southern section once, but the highlight of that trip was old Jose and their wood fired Pizza. That being said the diner down in bramwell is super neat and was delicious too.

In hindsight I'm realizing that I'm not going to be much help for cool things to see, I'm mostly concerned about the riding and the food 🐷🐷🐷
Lots of great points here bub. Hope to see you next weekend at Perry 😉.. Be good to see ya again!! NO HOMO I REPEAT NO HOMO!! 😂😂

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back last night. We stayed in Gilbert WV. Rode Rockhouse the first day. The named it right. Beat me up in the 1000. Trails well marked. Rode Devils Anse the next two days. Much easier system. Have to find something with more suspension travel for my old ass. Weather as great, leaves where in color.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Just got back last night. We stayed in Gilbert WV. Rode Rockhouse the first day. The named it right. Beat me up in the 1000. Trails well marked. Rode Devils Anse the next two days. Much easier system. Have to find something with more suspension travel for my old ass. Weather as great, leaves where in color.
It’s beautiful here right now.. From 8 stories up!! 😎

advertisement
G

gatorgrabber

Dec 8, 2019
Palm Bay, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you are on FaceBook or know someone that is, they have a Public Group on there Called "Hatfield Mcoy Cabin SXS Rentals & Trail Talk"
There is a lot of info about rentals as well as people commenting on the trail system. Give it a look.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!