ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not to be a complete jerk to our members in the great white north... anywhere north of Tennessee this week.

It's been in the 50's and -60's here and the heat that is coming off of the heater when the fan is not on is running me out of the cab.

I decided to do something about it, on my way home from work I stopped at our local parts store and picked up a manual choke kit and a 4-port heater valve.(since I have the Summit Heater which uses ⅝" hoses I picked this one up.)

1ab4b0fb35af114625343bd2ca96b276

I cut the vacuum solenoid off and mounted the choke kit to it.

0ef23eb4326155992139ff769d6adfb5

Now I can turn the coolant flow OFF to the heater core and I am not being run OUT of the cab... I'm sure it's going to come in really handy this summer as well.

A quick search online reveals I should've been a bit more patient and ordered this one.
http://store.stepvanparts.com/CABLE-CON ... -54563.HTM.

but I wanted to ride this weekend!!!

For you Honda Heater guys with ¾" hoses.
F152ca9f9e023318cfdb0f257c2ebf33

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
For sure I'am going to have to do something with mine as well. I found that even just above freezing that it was warm in the cab so once summer gets here the heater will be putting out heat all the time. I'am going to have to try and see if I can find one with 3/4" inlets and outlets. Thanks for what you've found so far.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
slowdryrider said:
For sure I'am going to have to do something with mine as well. I found that even just above freezing that it was warm in the cab so once summer gets here the heater will be putting out heat all the time. I'am going to have to try and see if I can find one with 3/4" inlets and outlets. Thanks for what you've found so far.

Edited the original post see the part I added.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Thanks will have to go to the local parts place and see if they can get me one.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the ¾ will be easier to install anyway with the angle of the outlets and the way the vacuum solenoid is mounted.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Picked one up from my local parts dealer. He got me one from 4 seasons just crossed over the GM number Here's the
4 seasons # 74607 I had to take off the vacuum solenoid and made a bracket for the pull cable as well. I made the bracket so that the cable would work say pushed in for summer pulled out for winter. I'll try and get it installed sometime this week. My shop is packed right now so once I get some room I'll install the valve and cable.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I went a different route.I installed my heater valve under the hood,approx 10" from where the hoses go into the heater core. I had to make a bracket to connect the push pull cable too. The bracket wraps around the valve and is bolted in the spot where the vaccum diaphram was. When the knob is pushed in the flow is completely stopped [summer us] the knob pulled all the way out is full heat, and anything in betwwen regulates the heaters heat out put.

Attachments

• WP_20150205_003 (Medium).jpg
    WP_20150205_003 (Medium).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 318
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went a different route.I installed my heater valve under the hood,approx 10" from where the hoses go into the heater core. I had to make a bracket to connect the push pull cable too. The bracket wraps around the valve and is bolted in the spot where the vaccum diaphram was. When the knob is pushed in the flow is completely stopped [summer us] the knob pulled all the way out is full heat, and anything in betwwen regulates the heaters heat out put.

I copied you....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431990305981230

@RunningBear can you send me the link for the one you got offline?

Last edited:
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Mine works good this way.I like it because on a warmer day I can shut the heat off and if its cooler I can turn some heat on.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot to mention I replumbed with ¾" hoses to the valve at the front and only have 10-15" of ⅝" from the valve to the heater, instead of 12', I wanted less restriction on that main line for the summer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!