Heater

W

weir83

Mar 16, 2014
I've just had a heater installed in my pioneer and it heats when it is sitting still but when you move it blows out cold air. Any suggestions

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
Is it the heater from Honda? If so and a Honda Service tech installed it take it back and have them fix it. I seen one the other day come back and they done a few things to it and itd run you out of the cab.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
No I walked past it a few times when they was working on it. It was doing the exact same thing as Weir's was doing. It was something to do with the hose

A

Alex3650

Mar 14, 2014
I'm sure you got the info by now BUT if not... I read that others jacked up the front as high as poss, then run it with the Rad cap off for approx 30 min. all the trapped air should work its way out. Its working for others. hope this helps. :idea:

E

elorenzo

Apr 6, 2014
I had a heater installed on my pioneer and have had several issues. The smell of antifreeze is present and it takes 45 min - 1hr in order to heat. I was told that there was nothing they can do and that it is working as designed. Has anybody had this issue?

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
How did they run the lines. I have some buddies that put heaters in there rzrs and discovered that running the heater hoses in line rather than T into both lines was much better. The coolant is gonna take the path of least resistance. If put inline of only one of the hoses then the coolant is forced through the heater. Doing it this way though does not allow for it to be bypassed in the summer but from experience with them it doesn't matter.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
you need to remove this hose and put each end of the heater core into the two fittings. this will give you hot water from the engine with the thermostat open or closed. I have been running mine like that all winter. my heater is half the size of yours and it drives us out. Warm up time is about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• iol cooler.jpg
    iol cooler.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 475
E

elorenzo

Apr 6, 2014
Thank you for the information, I will follow up with the dealer. Thanks again!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
elorenzo said:
Thank you for the information, I will follow up with the dealer. Thanks again!
Dealer may not make the modification. They will probably want to stick to Honda's direction.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!