P500 Hello from a newbi with a P5 that needs wheels & tires!

Jason86

Jason86

Apr 26, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I went with SuperATV spacers. Posted before and after pics on another thread. Front and back. Would post again but they're on my desktop and I'm on the road with my laptop. Didn't spread it out much but that's what I was going for.
Thanks for the info. I think I found them on eBay. Im looking to put some on the back. Since I have factory rims the front stick out but the back are still tucked in. How do you like the look with the spacers?

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
Thanks for the pics. I like the bighorns also. I am really diggin the interco interforce tires, they are kinda cheap and light for the size. But at 30" I wonder if it will just fall over once I hit the trail. I was planning on new aftermarket cheap steel rims to get another inch or so of width (and maybe even spacers). I just wonder what they would feel like on hard pack or on a gravel road while going from trail to trail. I have also found these knockoff tires that are not too spendy.

Kit 4 CST Wild Thang CU05 Tires 28x10-12 on ITP Delta Steel Black Wheels H700
welcome and congrats on your new p500 I can tell you from experience I have those interforce ag tires on itp black steel wheels with 5+2 offset set rim at 4-5 psi air and let me tell you its a billy goat nothing stops that machine in mud it plows threw with easy up hills and down no indication of tipping over rocky areas doesn't bottom out at all and its on a stock suspension no lift as far as power loss the machine is geared so low I can still start off in 2nd gear and as far as axle breaking its like anything else you abuse it you lose it I off course am old so my days of beating my mud toys into the ground are long gone now it about getting place safely enjoying the ride playing in the mud at a nice pace so for the money there a great buy and you will enjoy them a lot

Reactions: sxsinks and pFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
welcome and congrats on your new p500 I can tell you from experience I have those interforce ag tires on itp black steel wheels with 5+2 offset set rim at 4-5 psi air and let me tell you its a billy goat nothing stops that machine in mud it plows threw with easy up hills and down no indication of tipping over rocky areas doesn't bottom out at all and its on a stock suspension no lift as far as power loss the machine is geared so low I can still start off in 2nd gear and as far as axle breaking its like anything else you abuse it you lose it I off course am old so my days of beating my mud toys into the ground are long gone now it about getting place safely enjoying the ride playing in the mud at a nice pace so for the money there a great buy and you will enjoy them a lot

Thanks, I think I have seen your rig on here in other threads.

Did you experience any major speed loss on the top end? There are times when I need to drive down a gravel road for 5-6 miles to get to a road that has never seen gravel and is a muddy trail, so I dont want to be killing it to hit 33 mph.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Did you experience any major speed loss on the top end? There are times when I need to drive down a gravel road for 5-6 miles to get to a road that has never seen gravel and is a muddy trail, so I dont want to be killing it to hit 33 mph.
That's the thing, 5-8 psi is great for rough rocky trails and P-5 stability, but will slow you down on those improved roads.

Last edited:
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I ordered the interforce 30"s, i will update once they are on!

Thanks guys!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I ordered the interforce 30"s, i will update once they are on!

Thanks guys!
Ok, good luck with those. Always wear your seatbelt.

Reactions: pFive
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015

I did not lose top speed I gained cause the taller the tire the more mph but again the tire pressure is key low pressure much more bite higher pressure less bite much more tire spin that's my experience when it came to the mud holes and real muddy trails I guess its gonna depend on the type of riding your gonna do ive ridden around trails with 4psi going up step hill and it was grab and go and ive had more air in tires going threw muddy holes like peanut butter and my p5 acted like a snow thrower chucking mud all over the place lol

Reactions: sxsinks and pFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Sweet! I am expecting them to arrive on Monday or Tuesday, I will post pics and someday I hope the videos will start!

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Dude...be careful
with them 30,s

Yeah, I hear ya. The retailer said I would gain around 3/4 to 1" per side and I might still add some 1" spacers and mudflaps. I hope somebody makes a long arm kit for these some day, that would be epic.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info. I think I found them on eBay. Im looking to put some on the back. Since I have factory rims the front stick out but the back are still tucked in. How do you like the look with the spacers?
Wider stance always looks meaner. I could have went with the 1 1/2" but didn't want to put too much strain on wheel bearings. It looks more stable and is more stable. Trying to stay as close to 50" as possible but after adding the extra height it was needed. Handles great. I run 9lbs psi.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Wider stance always looks meaner. I could have went with the 1 1/2" but didn't want to put too much strain on wheel bearings. It looks more stable and is more stable. Trying to stay as close to 50" as possible but after adding the extra height it was needed. Handles great. I run 9lbs psi.
You mention another thread with before and after pics... can you put a link to that thread here? I am considering spacers also.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You mention another thread with before and after pics... can you put a link to that thread here? I am considering spacers also.
Worried about Flopping is the name of the thread on this forum. Should be able to find with search. Let me know if you find it or not. If not I'll post the pics here tomorrow.

Last edited:
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
Yeah, I hear ya. The retailer said I would gain around 3/4 to 1" per side and I might still add some 1" spacers and mudflaps. I hope somebody makes a long arm kit for these some day, that would be epic.
Iphone pics 002
5+2 offset on 12x7 itp black steel wheels

Reactions: sxsinks
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Well, everything went as expected and they are on. I did have to cut the front frame rail, but no rub now.
I have not had a chance to ride it yet, maybe this weekend.
The weird part is the thing is still only 50, it was about 49 before. So some wheel spacers are going to get ordered tonight but I dont know if I should get the superATV 1.5" or the 2" set I see on Ebay thats made in USA (But at $185 I think I may pass). I gained 3" of height, if I gain 3" off width with 1.5" spacers I should be back to the original ratio... ?

Photo20May200920122006205120PM

Photo20May20092062014202720PM

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, everything went as expected and they are on. I did have to cut the front frame rail, but no rub now.
I have not had a chance to ride it yet, maybe this weekend.
The weird part is the thing is still only 50, it was about 49 before. So some wheel spacers are going to get ordered tonight but I dont know if I should get the superATV 1.5" or the 2" set I see on Ebay thats made in USA (But at $185 I think I may pass). I gained 3" of height, if I gain 3" off width with 1.5" spacers I should be back to the original ratio... ?

View attachment 14951

View attachment 14952
I can vouch for the SuperATV ones. Price is right and no problems bolting them on. I used the red thread locker because I read where lugs were loosening up for some guys. Took off the rear wheels over the weekend and checked them out...still tight. BTW, nice looking rig.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I call SuperATV to check stock on the wheel spacers at 4 PM yesterday and order on-line just a while later and all was good. Then I get notified of a tracking number this morning. (I expected to get them in a day since I just live a few hours north). Then I get an email that they are on back order until JULY! Poor inventory management on two levels.
Where else can I get some 1.5" or even 2"? I was really expecting to put them on fairly quickly.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!