BOX1

P500 Hello from a newbi with a P5 that needs wheels & tires!

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Well. $185.00 later I have some USA made billet spacers on the way.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Well. $185.00 later I have some USA made billet spacers on the way.
Just keep a close eye on things. Spacers change the engineering of the front end components and can cause added stresses.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Damn, those were expensive! What size did you end up going with?
The only 2" I could find. The seller is on Ebay and they machine them from billet instead of importing the cast ones from China.

15-16 HONDA PIONEER 500 BILLET WHEEL SPACER SPACERS 2 INCH USA MADE NEW

I am not real worried about any geometry change or bearing issues because with these skinny tires with these spacers the outside edge of the tire is not much different from going to wide flotation tires. I should end up being right at 53" or 54 1/2" outside to outside.

One neat thing is when I take my hitch out the rear tires are the furthest thing back, so I could back up to a log and drive right over it.
Now I am wondering if a Strong made winch bumper will fit with these tires?

Photo20May20102072008205020PM

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Well, a word of warning if you decide to go with 30" tall narrow AG tires and adding 4" of width to the rig by adding wheel spacer...

You will have fun!

These things are like a gear that grab roots and rocks, and the P5 does not exactly run out or torque in 1st gear so climbing is in it's nature.

I went out yesterday in some serious wet clay and deep mud with a long arm Teryx and a few 4 seat RZR 1000's in the woods at Haspin and I gotta tell ya these things grab rock edges & tree roots and pull you up a hill like a goat on a ladder! I found that first gear is perfect for steep inclines now, and even second is worth using on hills that I would not have tried on a 4x4 heavy atv.

I only fell over once and that was my fault. I was going up a steep trail that had a V-bottom trench and I fell into the bottom washout rut and fell over onto the roll bar and had to get pushed back over. But, it only took one guy to put me back on my wheels (We never did get out).

It can spin these tires in deep sticky mud, I gave up after hitting 3rd gear here and realizing I was going to winch out. This is what happens when you wife dares you to try to go through a hole that never dries up, my goal was to soak her and stay dry but my plan did not succeed.

Packed20tires

This was a nice hill that was slimy, the rock hills and rooted out hills were steeper but I do not have any decent shots of that, I may get some from someone else.

This was a second or 3rd gear climb.

Photo20May20212042048201820PM

We went up this after this 1k, we did it in 1st gear, not super fast like a racebuggy, more like a tractor. :)

Th Video20May20212052057200220PMmp4

http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/vtwindepot/P5/Riding around/Video May 21 5 57 02 PM.mp4

Last edited:
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
I am glad you are enjoying those 30's I love mine I swap them out with my 29'' 2.0's on different trails I ride ive had mine over a year and no issue what so ever with suspension althought I did not do any spacers so cant speak for that end of it but awesome tire ENJOY the ride

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I am glad you are enjoying those 30's I love mine I swap them out with my 29'' 2.0's on different trails I ride ive had mine over a year and no issue what so ever with suspension althought I did not do any spacers so cant speak for that end of it but awesome tire ENJOY the ride
Thanks for your help in the decision making process!

Reactions: miano248
C

Chris_p500

Aug 31, 2018
Sc
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for your help in the decision making process!
How did they affect the top end speed on pavement? How do they wear on asphalt? I've got a set of 27s radials and I'm strongly considering ordering a set of those 30s

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
How did they affect the top end speed on pavement? How do they wear on asphalt? I've got a set of 27s radials and I'm strongly considering ordering a set of those 30s

The machine goes faster with them, if you are on a flat road. My cousin said his speedo hit 50mph next to me at max speed, but I never checked it with GPS because I have no sway bar and with 8 psi the ride was spooky at that speed and I was not going to fiddle with my phone :). If you are going uphill grade you may downshift into 4.

They wear fast I guess, I never really spend much time on blacktop, I have had some time on gravel however and noticed wear. Personally I would never have a P5 without at LEAST 28" tires. Check the interco blem list (google that) and you may find a deal on the 30's.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!